1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBA + Primus = ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by naetog, Jan 20, 2012.

1. naetog

naetog Supporting Member

May 26, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I was watching some basketball tonight and there was an ad for the NBA with "My Name is Mud" for the soundtrack. It was just a slo mo shot and an edited version of the intro and end of the song with no vocals.

I love Primus, and I really like basketball, but I'm not sure of the combination.

2. rummy

rummy

Apr 17, 2006
    Lombard, IL
    I just saw that!!

3. NBA+Primus=welcome to 2012

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I love it. Although I might just love it because I love Primus. I also like watching bball too so...

5. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I thought the spot worked well. Percussive rhythms with players diving for the ball, etc. Matches well, imo

6. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    Les licensing!

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    ^what you did there, I see it.

8. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    I saw the commercial too. C'mon guys am I really the first one to say that PRIMUS SUCKS! :D
    I sure hope you understand this. Longtime fans will, newer fans will get their feathers ruffled.

9. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    Yes! Primus does suck! :D

10. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    I'm always in favor of hearing more Primus. The Sacramento Kings have long used a short clip of "Too Many Puppies" during timeouts and other stoppages. Weird but cool.

What they never did - and I can't understand why not- is use Cake's "Arco Arena" (the old name of that dilapidated building) as intro music when they introduce the Kings players.

I love hearing music I like in unexpected places. My wife and I watch "Chopped" on the Food Network and a few times they've used El Ten Eleven's "Hot Cakes" during a segment. Awesome.