Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NBA season opening!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by VinceLovesF, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Ok guys!

Start of the NBA season....
    I'll try to make a post each week to discuss what is hapening in the NBA....

So, this season will be exciting!
    Spurs added bullets, Miami too, Detroit will be on a transition state, Indiana, which recover from last year seems very strong. At start I thought of Phoenix to be really good, but they lost players and their better one for injury! I think they'll be better after All Start Break, when Amare is expected to be back....

I see teams like Golden State, Los Angeles to make playoffs, at west to me, 13 teams can reach playoffs, they're a strong conference again..

For the east, it will be less harder to me...
    Watch out of teams like NY who are going to be back in business to me, New Jersey, if they're no injury could be a strong team.

At the end of the season, for the best winning percentage, I see Miami, Indiana and the Spurs. I don't see Phoenix as dangerous during seson because of Amare Stoudemire's Injury, they'll lack of power in the paint.

And for Playoffs, I see a Phoenix-San Antonio Conference Finals, and Indiana-Miami at east. I like Detroit, but I think they're in Transition too. They'll get playoffs for sure, semis, but that's it.

So that is the way I see the thing for this season.
    So chime in and give your opinion...

Vince

2. My prediction: The Hornets (unfortunately) will review last season's bloodbath, take the single page from the Saints' playbook, and lose as much as possible.

Mike

3. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Time to dust off my Rockets hat and start wearing it around town.

-Mike

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Basketball sucks.

whooray for hockey.

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, since Reggie has retired I don't really have much faith in my Pacers. :( He had class and poise. I don't the rest of the team even know what those two words mean. :rollno:

Hopefully they will prove me wrong by having a good season and not embarrass us fans again. One can dream, can't he?

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    First I wouldn't argue with any one that the Spurs are the class of the league and will come out of the west baring serious injury. Phoenix took some major steps back even without the Amare injury. And I don't see anyone else in the west capable of beating SA. Houston may be the second best team in the west, but they have way too many soft players on the defensive end to win a title.

In the east I'm not sold on Miami, they had pretty good Team chemistry, and they totally broke it up. They gave up their major three point threats for a player who hoists up ill advised three pointers at the worst time. They have a point guard that wouldn't know defense if it bit him in the arse and two small forwards that want the ball on a team where they'll be the third scoring option. It will take a tremendous coaching job to get them to play as a team.

Indiana is probably the second best team in the east, but I'm still not sold on their back-court, Tinsley and their international acquisition, Tinsley has yet to finish a full season without injury and can't guard Chauncy Billups, And their trusting a rookie to replace Reggie Miller. And Carlisle who is a great regular season coach takes too many players out of the offense to win in the post season. But I think Danny Grainger was a great pickup so too me it's even between them and my bad boys.

Detroit will have Delfino for a whole season and has added Maurice Evans (good three point range and D) and I think Darko will contribute by mid season. Detroit got within one quarter of winning the finals last year with a two man bench. If Sanders develops the Bench I think they'll be back, So I expect another Detroit -San Antonio Finals.

8. For the Spurs, i will stay careful, they're strong, but watch out of team chemistry too....
    And for Miami, i'm 100% with you!

9. OK so goodbye.....:)

10. +1
    No one's gonna stop them. Michael Finley coming off the bench?!? To quote Dick Vitale, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!??!!
    The Spurs showed last year that they can play anyone's game. They can beat you 130-120, or they can beat you 80-70. Cancel the season and just give them the title.

11. As I told, I think it will depend on chemistry into the team!
    If Michael Finley and NVE accepts to play from the bench all the season, it could be a crazy season by Spurs.
    Just look at this, because if it dont work, it will break spurs' season and no title! IMHO....

Vince

12. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I'm with Burk on this one. And not just because we're both Detroiters and shameless Pistons fans (even if it is true). The Pistons are not in a transition year this year. Most of the gang is back. Sure Larry Brown is gone, but he became more of a distraction than an asset from the 3/4 season mark on through the finals.

The Pistons are likely to get real contirbutions this year from Carlos Delfino and Darko Milicic. The Wallaces, Tayshaun Prince, and Hamilton and Billups are all back. If Tayshaun improves half again as much this year as he did last year he will be totally awesome. He's also potentially a free agent next year. He has incentive to play completely out of his mind.

San Antonio will be formidable without a doubt. I can see a rematch of last year's final. Hopefully with a better result for the Pistons.

Peace,

James

13. Finally, someone with sense posts in the thread! With additions of Stromile Swift, Rafer Alston, Derek Anderson, and new draftee Luther Head, the Rockets can definitely win it all this year.

14. Textbook Spurs last night.. keep it close through three quarters and then dominate the fourth. Tony Parker looked great, and Michael Finley coming off the bench to nail a few clutch jump shots is pretty nice.
    For the Nuggets, Carmelo Anthony looks like he's gotten a lot stronger and quicker. That team has some nice pieces, they could be tough.

15. Yep, not to bad as a team Nuggets!! they will be tough I think!
    I'm glad Tony Parker did a great game for the Spurs, specially a lot of shots during Money Time!
    Michael Finley was unbelievable, he played great and was a booster in the 4th.

If the chemistry take and last, repeating is possible!

Vince

16. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    NBA again (fortunately).

I believe the Spurs will repeat this year. Last year they were
    "one" of the candidates. This year, they´re the team to beat.

Theres´s no doubt that this year team is even better. Popovich is very clever and he´ll keep newcomers (Finley, Van Exel and Oberto) integrated to the team philosophy.

I also think that Detroit will reach the Finals again.

17. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Go Knicks! :help: Larry Brown sure has his work cut out for him......

I think Nick the quick being added to the Spurs was a great move by the team. Same with Finley.

Miami will be sure interesting to watch. I am really curious to see if they play well together. That is some collection of talent they have got there.....