1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBA The fix is in

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Jul 22, 2007.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Has anyone else been following this story? IMHO this has been the worst officiated sport for a couple of decades. Stern allows the officials a few of which are pompous arses to dominate and destroy the flow of the game. The ironic thing is I'm not sure this guy is the worst of them. This guy was on he floor in last years game three of the Suns - Spurs series. He also was on the floor in the "brawl" game at the palace. It's going to be interesting how this one turns out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7042010

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I will be interested to see how this turns out to. Frankly, corrupt referees are more dangerous than knuckleheaded players getting arrested when it comes to the integrity of a sport.:scowl:

3. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i think between this, Barry's upcoming hr record, and the vick situation just may be the cumulative straw that broke the camels back for US sports. The die-hards will always be there (including me); but they are going to have a hard time attracting new fans- especially families with all the corruption and scum involved in todays sports.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Hockey FTW.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    This disturbs me. I have been moving further and further away from the NBA over the years, so this will just push me a little further.

-Mike

6. This has to be David Stern's worst nightmare. But, given how many times I've watched NBA games and been stunned at how poor the officiating is, it's not really a surprise.

It's even worse that this guy worked Game 3 for the Spurs and Suns. I'd like to rewatch that game to see how many calls he blew.

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    +1

NBA is loosing it. Big times.

8. I agree.

9. IMHO, American pro sports has hit an all time low. Maybe soccer will catch on. The NFL, NBA and Baseball need to adopt NASCARS policies for dealing with such problems. Start handing out multimillion dollar fines and benching coaches for weeks at a time :D And NEVER a third chance!!!

10. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Hockey FTW

11. Horrible behavior and HORRIBLE leniency is what is killing the image, IMO.

What does the Vick situation tell young players? Go ahead and F up as bad as you want. We'll show you, you'll be suspended WITH your multi-million dollar pay!!! It's freaking disgusting as far as I am concerned. :mad:

12. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Hockey FTW

13. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Who can afford to take their family to ANY PRO game these days?

Your talking hundreds of dollars for just a couple of people yet alona a family of four or more!

The people I know that go to games are mostly guys who get tickets thru their business or bank, that and buddies who put out to get tickets for a guys night out, not to many families anymore

The family place is now AAA baseball & minor league hocky. The whole event is set for FAMILIES!

Chicago lost a lot of it's Black Hawk fans years ago when they decided to make all their games Pay Per View.

14. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    er, uh, and MLS games. I get great seats for $20 a piece. Tremendous game day experience, if you know where to sit and how to behave. Helps if your a fan of the round football, not a problem at my house. Son, wife, daughter, son's GF, my brother, etc. all enjoy the games....

15. Hockey FTW.

And we complain about the excess of penalties in the "new" NHL... guess there are worse problems out there. :D

16. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Um, guys, I forgot what "FTW" means.

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well then, you've already forgotten more than I knew. :D

As far as the betting goes....how long till we find out a player or two are/were also involved??

-Mike

18. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    is that their new slogan or something?

"NHL: Hockey FTW"

i can't imagine hockey and soccer being the major professional sports in america, even with all of the crap going on everywhere.

...and, hey, there's always college sports. :cool:

19. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    For The Win.

Kinda like "O`Doyal RULES!"

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    At least in San Jose I see more and more attention turned towards hockey and away from all other sports. Last year I noticed around bay area that buses, instead of having a route typed out on the top had "Go sharks". I don't notice the same for other major league sports. Even when Warriors had that big run against Mavs, sure people were talking about it and it was great, but still wasn't as much as Sharks and what's going on with NHL. It makes me happy to see this. :)

So yeah, I think there is feature for Hockey in States, hell, it's not just in playoffs it's tough to get Sharks tickets, last pre-season game i went to was sold out. Then again, Unlike all other places where they have NHL teams in the South, at least here people know snow real well. :D