Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NBA videogames for PS2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Plucky, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    i got a ps2 and im a nba junkie, and im thinking about buying one of this games: nba live 2003 or nba 2k3. i havent played anyone so if you have played them or have seen them working, can you tell me please what you think about them? i dont know if you have a ps2, but if you have been told about any of this games or whatever just tell me, i neeeeeed adviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

thank ya!

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I have heard good things about NBA 2k3 but I have yet to play it, im may be getting it soon

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    What a nice off-topic topic.

vamoose!

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I haven't played any of those 2 you mentioned but
    I just played the NBA Street (or something like that) game for about an hour for the first time and that was fun. Cool passes and trick moves and stuff in a flashy street style but with NBA players playing 3 on 3. Wasn't entirely accurate though as they portrayed Steve Nash as being kind of bumbling and not very fast. Fun game.

brad cook

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yep, that the first basketball game i played on the PS2 and it's really fun, I want that one too :D

(ps: it reminded me a lot of NBA Jam)

also, Michael Jordan looks and plays awesome there

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...a little TOO awesome considering his state these days. ;) Vince Carter's pretty realistically awesome in that game. They also have Dirk Nowitski and Michael Finley down pretty good. I only wish you could start out choosing your players from the Rockets' roster.

brad cook