1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBBD Fender Jazzuar a perfect match

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FunkHead, Nov 4, 2013.

1. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I've had this Mint Jaguar neck for months now and decided to buy a Jazz body to mount it on. It was a match made in heaven. The neck fit the pocket very nicely and I think it looks amazing. The body is a Fender 1998 Lake Placid Blue MIM Jazz & the neck is a near new MIJ Jaguar. The setup was near perfect with no adjustments. The range of tones is truly amazing as expected from a proper Fender Jazz. Rumor has it that these bodies were made in USA and assembled in Encenada. Unfortunately, there is some UV damage from a sticker on the back but it's hard to see. Enjoy the Pictures that will follow.
    DSC01123.
    DSC01124.
    DSC01125.
    DSC01126.
    DSC01127.
    DSC01129.
    DSC01130.
    DSC01131.
    DSC01133.
    DSC01134.
    DSC01135.

2. Who rocks your butt????

3. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    It says "God Rocks My Butt" on the back. Not the worst thing but a good example why NOT to put stickers on Basses.

4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Glad to know that this match-up works. I've been thinking of putting a blocked Squier Jag neck onto a Mighty Mite Jazz body, so cool deal and thanks for the info!

5. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Apr 8, 2013
    I used to own a japanese jag and I really loved the neck...but hated the neck dive.
    Good show.

6. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    I had a Hot Rod Red Jag with no noticeable neck dive. Great basses and fantastic Necks. I think some bodies are just too light. This ones pretty light with no dive although I haven't weight it yet.;)

7. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Sounds great! Most of these Fender and Squier parts work together but every now & then they won't fit. I wanted to put this Jag neck on a Mighty Mite P-Bass Body. Unfortunately the screw holes were off 1/8" or so. It's fun to try. This one plays great and sounds so nice.:cool:

8. Good pairing! Those are fast necks, and they look good.

9. I...uh...isn't there something from Leviticus about this??

10. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Thank you Sir:)

11. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Apr 8, 2013
    I see u have this neck up for sale on ebay now.
    Did it not work for you?

12. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    It worked out great But I Scored a RW P-Bass neck. I put it on this body and its amazing. Most Fender necks and bodies match up very well.:) PS. I also have the Jaguar neck F/S on Talkbass.

13. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Apr 8, 2013
    I wish i had the money.

14. Too bad they don't make Jags in that color, cause it would be sweet looking.

15. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    There is always the Cobalt Blue Option. Or Warmoth Jazzmaster body/custom color.