1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: 1981 Ibanez Blazer Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mcrawfordmusic, Mar 31, 2015.

1. I picked this up in a trade deal for my Pedaltrain board that was getting no use.

Serial says its an 81'. Maple neck & board, Ash body in "Feista-ish" Red.

It's in good condition, everything work to my surprise!

I've given it a bit of a clean and a set up and strung it up with some TI Flats.
    It sounds fantastic, Dimarzio pickup by the looks of it, very punchy in the midrange.
    It plays really nicely, neck is fast and the Ash body is light (compared to my other 80s P)
    Hardware was all working fine, just needed a clean. It has a solid brass bridge and knobs with cool love heart style tuners.

All up, i think i scored a bargain. I have to wait a couple of weeks before i can gig it though! :(

photo-5_zpsh6q19ll5.

photo-3_zpsbdytol6h.

photo-2_zpsimur4far.

Thanks for looking,
    Matt

pacojas likes this.
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Congrats that's a very nice score those are some really nice basses.

3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    nice. I believe 81 was a transition year (and the last year for the Blazer), They changed the headstock shape from 80 to 81 and the pickups. Your Blazer I think would eventually be replaced by the Roadstar 630 (unless it just became the 630) since it has the Roadstar body and headstock shapes.