1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - ( 1989 Fender Silver Metallic Jazz Bass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Texsunburst59, Jan 20, 2012.

1. The Bass Gods blessed me again today. I walked into one of my regular pawnshop stops for a quick look. Went back to the guitar and bass racks ,and there it was. I took it down and couldn't believe it was in such great condition for an '89. The neck and body were in super shape. The only flaws were that it was missing the E Fender/Hipshot tuning key, and has some serial numbers inscribed on back of the head stock. I finally got him down to $315 w/ original case. I figured I could replace the key for about $25 and touch up the back of the neck.:)

Here's some pics of my new baby:

DSC00360.
    DSC00351.
    DSC00352.
    DSC00353.
    DSC00354.
    DSC00355.
    DSC00357.

Here's the reason I got the deal on the bass:

DSC00356.

2. Nice score!

3. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    I don't really care much for Jazz basses, however I will say nice score and congrats on the new bass. She is a pretty good looker.

4. SlapHappy99

SlapHappy99

Dec 27, 2010
    NY Metro
    Is this one of the famous "boner" models? I used to have one

5. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    This is in fact one of the boner basses. I had a '91 Am Std Jazz in gunmetal blue which was also one of the boner basses.

6. Thanks, Johnny.

Appreciate it. I thinks she's a looker too. ;)

What is a "Boner " model. I'm curious about this, so please fill me in. :)

7. Nice bass.
    The body shape is different than a normal jazz
    hence boner bass.

also fix that tuner immediately, it looks somewhat bad.

8. Thanks P of M. Yea the tuner is really eating at me too. I plan on ordering one in the morning. :)

9. Don't the boners have one more fret?

10. There called boners because the horn grew with excitement.

11. yep, 22 frets.
    I like the way these look, honestly.

12. Just when I thought I was GAS free......

13. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Congrats!

14. You know your NEVER gas free. That's why were here on the boards to get inspired to keep looking for the next one.:)

15. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congrats, my sister and I both play bass, I had a Peavey Fury in High School, and then she got an American Standard jazz. I was a little bit jealous. Her's is the same color, year and everything. She hand painted her pickguard, and played it in the high school jazz band. She's still got it in her living room.

16. Hey J, that's pretty unusual to have a sister and a brother both playing bass. Usually you have one sibling on guitar and one on bass or drums. You guys broke the mould. Congrats. ;)

17. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    that is one classy looking bass