1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD 1999 Rickenbacker 4001v63

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OnTheDownLow, Mar 12, 2021.

1. OnTheDownLow

OnTheDownLow

Mar 14, 2020
    When I was younger and first starting to get into music, I knew of Paul McCartney before I even knew anything about The Beatles. Paul was one of the first artists I paid attention to and he was half the reason I even picked up a guitar in the first place followed by picking up bass later on.
    Move forward a few years later, when I was in high school I went through a huge Yes phase. Chris Squire was my bass idol, back then I was still playing primarily with a pick and his cutting tone with rounds and a pick really struck a chord with me.
    The years went on and I grew as a player and my taste in music has expanded vastly. I have owned a ton of different guitars and basses over the years and even a few Ricks from throughout the eras and some I regret selling in hindsight, but a lot of them ended up disappointing me either tone or feel wise and the pursuit was endless for the "right one".
    That leads us to the present, I recently picked up an interest again in Ricks and went on an all out search for as many different ones I could try out. I did my research and hunted around for which one would probably be the best for me and I came across the 4001v63. Instantly all of my McCartney and Squire passion from over the years came flooding back and I felt drawn to the model. After having a few deals that fell through, I found a good deal on one from a private seller and got it a few days ago. I pulled it out, tuned it up, and it plays and sounds exactly how I want it to and honestly that's all I really wanted. I think I can finally say for once that I am truly satisfied with my instrument. Happy playing folks!
    20210310_150638.jpg

2. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O))))

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Excellent basses. Congratulations! Loved mine with Swing 66s, very aggressive RI horseshoe, I believe mine was a '97. I had a Fireglo one, but always wanted one in Mapleglo. I let it go because the horseshoe and the pickup in my AVRI Precision sounded so close (at least how I run my setup) and I got along better with the Precision's neck, but I'd love to get another some day, they're stellar instruments.

OnTheDownLow likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021