1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD- 2012 American Standard Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Boone3882, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Boone3882

Boone3882

Aug 27, 2008
    I was struggling to find a good jazz without getting my AV 62' Jazz again, so I decided to check out this 2012 w/ CS 60 pickups. All I can say is WOW!!! This bass ROCKS!! I got it in the new Jade Metallic Pearl and I love it!! Nothing but compliments at band practice on the tone and look! I may also be drinking the juice but these CS 60's pickups are the best passive jazz picks I've ever heard.
    84cabcda842c1ea76e5b5c26efa36f98.

2. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Congrats on a beautiful and unique bass! Enjoy. Thanks for the tip on the CS pups. Considering a pupgrade myself.

SL

3. nickbass79

nickbass79

Nov 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    Nice

4. Boone3882

Boone3882

Aug 27, 2008
    I've been eyeing these pickups for quite awhile for my Jaguar Bass but when I saw they were the stock pickups in the 2012 American Standard Jazz Basses I pulled the trigger & bought one. I can get the smooth fender jazz tone out of it but it also gives some really nice growl when you dig in, a bit more than the previous pickups in the American standards. My band mates loved the tone & asked me how the playability is versus my jaguar & other jazzes I've played...I said its like going from a Civic to Ferrari for me.

5. relayer66

relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Zushi, Japan
    That is absolutely beautiful...I almost got the exact same bass (part of me still wishes I did), but I opted for a more classic color scheme. Should be here tomorrow...

6. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Awesome. That jade green is beautiful.

7. drummer5140

drummer5140

Aug 8, 2008
    Canada
    I got the 2012 P-bass in jade with rosewood, Love it to death!! Next will be the jazz in jade:)

8. Congratulations! That thing is sexy.

The pickups and finishes on the 2012 AS models are two of the differences between those and the 2011s that make them more desirable. I bet it sounds and feels heavenly.

9. JWP

JWP

Aug 19, 2012
    Beautiful....though the pic you post reminded me...my son lost the frnder strap that came with my jazz....never used it but i do miss it! Enjoy!

10. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Sorry for a dumb question. I am new to Fender, where are these made?

Shaun

11. Nice! Love the color!!

12. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    California.

13. ChadPaulJones

ChadPaulJones

Aug 8, 2012
  14. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Richmond, Va
    Congrats! The jade and maple looks killer.

15. Boone3882

Boone3882

Aug 27, 2008
  16. ChadPaulJones

ChadPaulJones

Aug 8, 2012
    Black would like pretty tough, i'd check out a pearloid one as well.

17. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    What a beauty! IMO, that mint green guard that's on it now would be hard to beat. I think it looks fantastic just like it is. It has sure fueled MY GAS...

18. peterklaven

peterklaven

Jan 20, 2012
    Looks awesome!! Can anyone do a photoshop of a black pickguard on this beauty? I'm curious as well!

Congrats!