1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - 2013 PRS Gary Grainger 4 String 10 Top

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OldPlucker, Jun 13, 2016.

1. OldPlucker

OldPlucker Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Maryland
    The Reason I'm selling my 67 Epiphone Rivoli is that last Thursday, I clicked on eBay and spotted this up for sale. A little communication back and forth and Sam Ash accepted my offer. This is a 2013, that had been sitting on their showroom floor unsold. My wife thinks I'm out of my mind; since, I only play with friends for my own enjoyment.
    jyeZE2El.jpg onMv4xsl.jpg 4psejWjl.jpg cFiDQwkl.jpg F8357skl.jpg
    I think the GAS better be over or the next may be the gas escaping from my dead body. I'm thinking she may not be as supporting of me going to the next Experience PRS; since, I returned with real GAS.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. hdfxstc

hdfxstc Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2014
    You have one beautiful bass. These basses are absolutely amazing in every way possible. I bought one 6 months ago and fell in love with it after I played for 30 minutes. The pre amp is amazing and very powerful. Enjoy your bass.

OldPlucker likes this.
  3. hdfxstc

Nov 7, 2014
    You have one beautiful bass. These basses are absolutely amazing in every way possible. I bought one 6 months ago and fell in love with it after I played for 30 minutes. The pre amp is amazing and very powerful. Enjoy your bass.

OldPlucker likes this.
  4. hdfxstc

Nov 7, 2014

5. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    Congrats! :hyper:

Tell your wife that all musicians are little LOCO! :D

High-end basses are for anyone who can afford them. You don't have to be the next Jaco to own one. ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Nomogram and OldPlucker like this.
  6. OldPlucker

Apr 5, 2014
    Maryland
    I first played one of these at a local music store a couple of years ago. I loved the feel and sound and then choked on the price tag. I have been half heartedly looking. Then I bought a Fender American Deluxe Precision which instead of curing my lust it made me want more. I went to the Experience PRS earlier this month and the GAS was burning. When I spotted this last week I knew I wanted it. The rest is history.

BassHappy and Nomogram like this.
  7. Nomogram

Nomogram

Sep 30, 2015
    Central Illinois
    That is a beautiful bass! The finish is gorgeous.

Life is too short not to have a bass you love. Enjoy it, that one looks like a lifetime keeper.

I owned a PRS six-string electric guitar for about 10 years. It was a great guitar, really top-notch. I sold it because I'm a bassist and it wasn't being used, but it was great.

OldPlucker likes this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

very nice! congratulations!

OldPlucker likes this.
  9. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    If you ever decide to get rid of it, keep me in mind. remember, I'm just across town!! B.R.

OldPlucker likes this.
  10. OldPlucker

Apr 5, 2014
    Maryland
    I don't think I'll decide to get rid of it. Between this and the Fender American Deluxe I bought from you, I believe I have all I need.

11. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    What a beauty it is. I had one a while back. Absolutely loved it. Congrats.

OldPlucker likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020