1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: 6 years for this bass to find a home....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FarkusSWR, Dec 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I just got this EBMM Reflex 4 HSS today from Bass Central. According to the Music Man serial number database, it was completed in January of 2011, and shipped to Bass Central, where it has been awaiting an owner ever since (so 7 years next month). It is NOS according to BC, and it is flawless as far as appearance; I just need to tweak the setup a little.
    No idea how this thing managed to be in that store for so long and nobody bought it. This isn't the first time I got a good deal on a bass that was lingering in inventory (my Stingray had been hanging for almost two years before I bought it) but it is certainly the longest period of time I have seen in that regard.
    I only got to play it for a few minutes before I went to see the new Star Wars, but I will be getting it dialed in and taking some more pics tomorrow.
    Anybody else buy a bass or other instrument that was seemingly abandoned?

IMG_20171214_170239.

mdalamond, wmmj, armybass and 44 others like this.
  2. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    Those controls and buttons look like fun. Endless tonal variety.

ICM, telecopy, FarkusSWR and 2 others like this.
  3. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    Define good deal

4. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    man, those usually aren't my thing but that looks like it should have starred in Star Wars!
    now, tell us all about the movie... :)

wmmj, ICM, Zane DeBord and 3 others like this.
  5. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    What he said :D

FarkusSWR, Bass V and Spidey2112 like this.
  6. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Congrats!
    In some cases, NOS can be chalked up to poor inventory management. I don't mean to imply here that Bass Central is afflicted with that issue – your Reflex may have simply been waiting for you. But some retailers let stuff pile up in a stockroom for years. The guitarist in one group I play with bought an NOS 2008 MIA Strat last year which was discovered – still in its original shipping box from Fender – when the retailer was in the process of moving to a new location after 20 years.

wmmj, TN WOODMAN and Son of Wobble like this.
  7. 38% off the Reflex
    12% off the Stingray

8. Thanks. Whatever the reason, I'm glad it was there. When there are so many items coming and going in a store like that, it is certainly possible for things to get overlooked.As you said, I think it was just waiting for me to walk through the door

EatS1stBassist and TN WOODMAN like this.
  9. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    images(13).

pholli00 and FarkusSWR like this.
  10. It does look kind of sci-fi/Sith-ish now that you mention it.
    I enjoyed the movie. The scenes with Carrie Fisher were poignant, as you can imagine.
    Adam Driver was great, best performance of the movie in my opinion. There were great fight scenes, beautiful cinematrography, in spots, but as usual for SW movies some of the dialogue is a little wooden. At 2.5 hours, it felt like it ran a bit long. But, I am going to go see it again (went solo last night because my wife couldn't make it, so we are both going next weekend). Overall, 3.5/5 on the Farkus Moviemeter that I just made up.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  11. Beautiful bass...I hope you went to Bass Central in person...because their website is suboptimal.

That may explain why it sat so long.

johnson79 and TN WOODMAN like this.
  12. Benko

Benko

Dec 16, 2014
    Tokyo, Japan
    Congrat!

I bought a Fender Roscoe Beck last way which has been sitting since 2009 in a shop :)

FarkusSWR likes this.
  13. OldPlucker

OldPlucker Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Maryland
    That's a real gem. Congratulations on your find.

FarkusSWR likes this.
  14. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    as my Scottish sis-in-law would say ...".....tha looks bruh-lliunt" drool

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    FarkusSWR likes this.
  15. With all that knobage surprised there's no coil split/tap on the bridge pickup. I like it.

16. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    ... and a knob to trim the neck dive...

edencab likes this.
  17. Beautiful basd

FarkusSWR likes this.
  18. blacktocomm

blacktocomm

Feb 19, 2013
    Maryland
    Wow. What a beauty.

FarkusSWR likes this.
  19. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Very cool bass, and nice find. In 2005, I bought a NOS 2001 American Series Strat from a dealer in Louisiana that was going out of business. It's a beautiful candy apple red HH hardtail with stock Seymour Duncan humbuckers, which makes it slightly unusual and extremely versatile and cool. I couldn't believe nobody had snapped it up. I'm pretty sure it's my lifetime dual-humbucker guitar.

Zoobiedood and FarkusSWR like this.
  20. Mo cowbell

Mo cowbell

Mar 2, 2017
    Colorado
    Hat is a cool looking bass. Not normally an EB guy but I'd like to try that one out!