1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! 60 Dollar Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luke S Mouse, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Luke S Mouse

Luke S Mouse Guest

Jun 5, 2009
    Hey you guys. Gonna post this here and will post more once I get my hands on it and all of that.

Felt the random need to buy something on the cheap, put in a 40 dollar bid on a Davison Bass which is a pretty cheap entry level sort of bass that I've seen on Amazon and lo and behold the bid was accepted.

UPS  Tracking Information. -1 unread    lukelovespizza   Yahoo Mail.

el_Bajo_Verde likes this.
  2. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    I love finds like these, especially when they're P-basses. So much fun to mod. At the very least, add some copper shielding and new pickups, you're good to go!

Luke S Mouse likes this.
  3. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    A student of mine has one of these (left handed). It plays okay, the electronics are as generic as you would expect. The only thing off-putting about it is the very "deep" u-contoured neck. If you don't mind that, it's fine.

Luke S Mouse likes this.
  4. Luke S Mouse

Luke S Mouse Guest

Jun 5, 2009
    Man. I go to school fully expecting it to be here and still no cigar.

Dog gone UPS! You hath bamboozled me!

5. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    Same here! Tracking for my strings says DELIVERED and it's still not here! The agony!! :rage::mad::roflmao:

6. Luke S Mouse

Luke S Mouse Guest

Jun 5, 2009
    Well folks. After waiting patiently it finally came.

All things considered, not bad for 40 bucks + 15 bucks shipping. Action is pretty low out of the box, can't really check the electronics cause the only amp in my house is a piece of crap guitar amp I have laying around. The only cosmetic issues I saw were that one of the pickups was kind of lopsided which was easily fixed by just screwing it down lower and a paint splatter by the neck.

All in all. Not a bad way to spend 60 bucks. Definitely got to get used to playing it and all of that, have to get my hand in shape due to the difference in neck and everything from my Musicman.

20170123_175501[1]. 20170123_175501[1].

Attached Files:

el_Bajo_Verde and Ryan6491 like this.
  7. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    Nice catch

Luke S Mouse likes this.
  8. Luke S Mouse

Luke S Mouse Guest

Jun 5, 2009
    Thank ya sir. Usually I miss these sorts of things, so I'm glad I finally caught one.

9. Based on this discussion, I grabbed one of these on a local auction site for $26. It is going to be fun to mess with.