1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD-62 style fiesta red nitro p bass ( WARNING PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A-Step-Towards, Apr 16, 2010.

1. I have wanted a 62 reissue for a very long time so when this bass popped up i had to have it because it was more affordable then a complete fender 62 reissue and i bet this sucker is as good or better. I got it for 643$ with a gig bag .

Real Fender usa replacement neck and all fender usa parts (besides body), about 10 years ago you were actually able to buy necks and bodies from Fender.

features:

warmoth body (fiesta red nitro finish)
    vintage reissue P bass pickup
    all cloth wiring
    Fender 250k pots
    switchcraft jack
    Fender USA bridge
    Fender USA tuners
    Fender USA replacement neck (same neck as 62 American Vintage reissue P bass)
    green guard
    fender thumb rest
    bass is lightweight and currently has flat wound strings on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had the choice of :

Classic 50's MIM P at 550$
    Highway 1 P bass used 525$
    Or this at 640$

I think i made the best choice, although it will be harder to sell if i end up not wanting it just because its a parts bass.

2. Side note: my checking account now has 8$ in it , well worth it though:)

3. bassman1987

bassman1987

Dec 1, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Looks awesome! But IMHO, that thing is begging for a tort pickguard...

4. ;) pino style!

5. Those necks are amazing.

6. VERY well worth it!! Nice bass!!

7. bigscore1000

bigscore1000

Mar 6, 2004
    SEXXXXY !!!

8. Also if you ever need to sell it, those necks sell for well over half of what you have invested in it.

9. Oh really wow i did not know they were worth that much i thought about 200$, so there in there 350-400$ range i guess, thats good to know thanks!

10. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Fail.

Black or mint

11. animal52

animal52

Jul 1, 2006
    DC area
    Not usually into Fenders, but that is a very spiffy bass :) If it plays half as good as it looks, then you've got a real gem.

12. stretch80

stretch80 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2005
    that is NICE. You won't want to sell it. You've got a killer P, you should never sell a killer P - you never know when you'll need it...

13. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I saw that. I was so close to pulling the trigger on it (not that I need any more basses), but I had literally bought a Aguilar Head and commissioned two custom cabinets an hour before it came up. (and bought some plane tickets)

Great deal on what looks to be a really nice bass... I'm glad it went to someone who will use and appreciate it !

Congrats !

Regarding pickguard - I'd leave it Mint. Everyone and their brother has done the "Fiesta with Tortoise" combo. Too common these days. Looks great, but too common IMO.

14. The guard is actually mint i dont think the lighting shows it well , and black is not period correct which i want to keep it.

15. Thanks man! i am glad you didnt get it for my sakes:smug:

I put in the best offer of 600$ and really did not expect him to sell it , i was so stoked cuz that was all i could afford. I plan on leaving the mint guard i have never been a fan of tort really

Thanks for the kind words everyone i plan on keeping this bass a long time if it plays as well as it looks, it was an ebay buy so i dont have it yet.

16. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It makes me glad I passed it up, honestly. It's always cool to see cool people get nice basses, and I'm sure you'll get more use from it than I would.

17. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I absolutely LOVE the grain on the neck!

18. :D if this bass is as good as i think it is this will be the best bass i have ever owned so i am sure it will be used alot

Thats what my dad said to

19. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Congrats man, she's awesome...

Normally I'd be shouting for a mirror, or black guard, but in this case, I would leave the guard, sometimes white/mint/parchment just works better.

20. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I'm not usually a fan of parts basses, but this one is super nice. You DEFINITELY made the right choice. I don't think you'll have any problem recouping your money if you decide to get rid of it.