1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD-62 style fiesta red nitro p bass ( WARNING PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A-Step-Towards, Apr 16, 2010.

1. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    Nice! Leave the Mint guard, it looks sick as is.

2. jgparm

jgparm

Sep 27, 2007
    Southern Missouri
    Congrats. That's a beauty. +1 on leaving it mint!

3. joshmickelson

joshmickelson

Nov 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    that's a great looking bass. very tasteful looking!

4. Bass Junkie

Bass Junkie

Nov 3, 2009
    Florida
    In this case you're probaly better off with the Warmoth body than a Fender replacement. I always found the Fender replacement bodies to be heavy and not very resonant. Nice bass!

5. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    I disagree, I think it looks well. :smug:

6. I have seen them sell in the $400-$450 range.

7. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Nice BASS! I like it with the mint guard too. I have a Jazz Bass with a Fender Replacement neck and it's definitely the best Fender J neck I've ever played. I'm guessing your P neck is killer too.

8. Hey thanks Dave!

I actually have not got the bass yet but i am hoping its a good one, seeing as how my checking account has 8$ in it tell payday, top ramen time !:D

9. Oh wow that is great to know! i had heard about these necks but never seen them for sale, i am guessing due to there rarity.

10. TheGrizz

TheGrizz

Nov 19, 2007
    Athol, MA
    Sponsored Artist: Free Idea Clothing
    I have a J-Bass with one og the same neck on it. I love the way it sits in my hand. I wish I could find another just like it.

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Damn once again

12. I finally got this today:hyper: sold my buddy the gig bag for 20$ so this cost me a whole 623.90$ damn good deal,

man what a killer bass the combo of this neck and warmoth body is awesome , this bass is flawless in construction its not some slopped together parts bass this fits as if it was factory made.

I put it up against my modded squier 60's P and this one won , but the squier keeps proving how great of a bass it is.

This bass is almost salmon colored in real life and the mint guard and dark neck is so sweet. The bass side by side with my sonic blue and tort 60's squier is such a retro looking combo.

Its a shame i am selling the squier:bawl:

I wont ever be able to sell this bass because i know this is one you kick yourself over, these necks will probably be worth alot someday and also the fact that out of 60 basses i have owned this one is the best, an this is not some newly wed comparrison i know what to look for and feel and this has it.

if your really into looking at pics here is the ad it has more on it.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230462824195&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

13. Natropath

Natropath

Apr 13, 2010
    Good choice. I always wanted one (with a tortoise guard, a la Bruce Thomas), and those necks are very cool.

14. Rilander

Rilander

Apr 13, 2010
    Tampa Florida
    beautiful bass you got there. she looks good just the way she is. classy dame ;)

15. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Nice! Great Price, love the color.

16. Andy_colassal

Andy_colassal

Nov 21, 2006
    Regina, SK
    Fail.

Black?

you crazy man
    :bag:

17. That thing is super sexy just as it is!! Sure, the Pino look is great. But this is gorgeous, too! Nice score man!

18. Thanks ! i love it , no more GAS i have been looking for a P like this along time and i dont think i can ever sell this.

Nothing is getting changed unless it breaks, not even the flatwounds there new now but i have no intention to ever change them.

19. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Absolutely freaking awesome... cripes... it really has that vintage vibe. Pup and bridge covers I reckon. Congrats.