1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: A Great Deal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mammoth_Bass, Jan 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Hi everyone,

Saw this posted on GC used site and noticed that this bass had some upgrades. When I called the store they told me the pickups etc were stock...Thought maybe the pickups were just cream covers since the price did not reflect upgraded pups. Anyways decided to take a chance and all I can say is... WOW

2013 MIM Fender Geddy Lee Jazz with upgrades. Dimarzio pickups, Hipshot Drop D Tuner, upgraded pots, Badass bridge (I believe these basses came with a similar hi mass bridge but not a bad ass... right??) Also a brand new road runner hard case.

Was thinking how I could re sell this and make some money but not sure I want to part with it. Meaning I need to decide what other bass to sell! Anyways take a look

IMG_0552.JPG IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0555.JPG IMG_0556.JPG IMG_0557.JPG

2. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I like it! I am not a fan of cream coloured pick up covers but that is a really sweet bass. Congrats and I hope it is a keeper for you.

3. Resonance129

Resonance129

Feb 15, 2011
    Georgia
    Sheesh. Not sure how much you paid, but if the price was right, that's a nice, well taken care of bass.
    Not a fan of the black pickguard, but otherwise, I'd say that's a keeper.

4. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

I would rock the crap out of that!!!

Crowd crusher and Matthew_84 like this.
  5. Nice score, congrats! Love it when the kids at GC don't look to closely at an instrument they've bought (which is pretty much the standard, but cuts both ways...)

If you're not in love with the bass, you could always replace the upgraded bits with the stock components (reasonably cheap on ebay,) and resell the bass. It might be difficult to make a profit on the bass based on the upgrades unless you're selling on ebay or reverb.

mindwell likes this.
  6. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I like everything. Great to find deals by accident.

bobba66 and Crowd crusher like this.
  7. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    want it...want it....want it....want it...want it...

8. fretter

fretter

May 24, 2012
    PA
    Enjoy it for a while, then flip it. What I don't know is whether Geddys are just trendy or will become sought after. Maybe somebody with more insight can share.

9. Mammoth_Bass

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Thanks guys any clue where I can get a single tuner? Not much for using drop d. Also any hints on what these strings are would be nice... rounds with red silks. If was 629 and I paid 20 to ship. I had it shipped to a store in New Hampshire so I could avoid $50 in sales tax as well.

I'd say they are almost a couple hundred in upgrades alone!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  10. Someone put a lot of love into that bass. If it suits you, give it a good home.

11. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    There is no need to replace that tuner, just leave it in the closed position and tune the string to E and forget about it. I would bet that those strings are Rotosound 66's.

12. I think they'll be sought after for a while... No other Fender has ever had that neck profile (as far as I'm aware), not even the USA version.

Herbie Chesnutt likes this.
  13. I believe that Rotosounds have silk on the ball ends as well. I would guess GHS Boomers.

14. Mammoth_Bass

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    There is too much tension on the strings for me. Can anyone confirm that the bad ass is an upgrade from the standard hi mass bridge? Also will take suggestions for a new pickguard, this one is pretty scuffed up

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  15. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

nice looking instrument! congratulations! :thumbsup:

16. smtp4me

smtp4me

Sep 30, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA
    I own a 2013 MIM Geddy signature, and it came standard with a BadAss II bridge. I believe it was in either 2014 or 15 that they stopped using BadAss and began using a Fender-designed high mass.

Nice bass! I would keep it, but that's a personal thing that only you can decide.

17. smtp4me

smtp4me

Sep 30, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA
    Good question. Maybe an obvious statement, but as long as they are in production and widely found, probably not. 20 years from now, maybe, and I'm sure the fact that the band has stopped touring will help. Tech 21 just released a Geddy signature SansAmp rack-mount preamp.

18. Fenderon

Fenderon

May 28, 2008
    Oregon
    I would keep it, the hassle of reselling plus a small profit wouldn't be worth the time and trouble. Take some time to enjoy and bond with it before you decide to sell. That's a nice bass.

19. Killer bass! Great score. And good thinking with shipping it to n.h. to avoid sales tax. I'm also in mass. And have never thought of that. But,yeah, great idea. I hope you enjoy it. Or make a few bucks on it.

20. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA