1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - (ABG content) Breedlove fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OmnitzGarima, May 18, 2011.

1. UPS showed up this afternoon with this. :)

[​IMG]

It came with roundwounds, I plan to replace them (soon) with tapewounds. The tapes I have on hand are too big. Everything else looks pretty good. It's well made, has reasonable volume, and the setup right out of the box isn't bad. Also, it came with a HSC, not the gig bag they advertise, that's a plus. I'm not used to the big body yet, so I need to work on the ergonomics, but that will come.

This is a recording with the EQ set flat, direct into a Zoom H4. My intonation is off a little, I'm not worried about that yet.

https://home.comcast.net/~jimfpeterson/bassclip.mp3

It should have a thumpier sound with tapewounds, and I'm sure that they're less likely to dig into the fingerboard. I'll post another sound clip when I get the tapes.

Now I need to do some string shopping ....

2. fenderphil

fenderphil

Sep 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    just as a string suggestion, look into the TI nylon core strings. very small gauge, but it makes a big difference as far as neck relief is concerned. they have way less tension than metal core strings of any that ive tried.

thomastik infeld ab344

I use them on my fretless thunderchief

3. Thanks, I'll give them a look.