1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: ACG Recurve 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GilGB, Dec 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GilGB

GilGB

Aug 14, 2007
    Just got myself my new ACG Recurve 5 String.
    Played it almost all day,figuring out how the DFM and RFB Pickups with the switches work.
    Gotta be the most versatile instrument i have ever owned,still got a long way to figure everything out.

Beside that i wanna point out for everyone that Alan is a great luthier and artist and been really helpful all the way till i got it.

Thanks again.

ACG.jpg

eude, bebass, el jeffe bass and 40 others like this.
  2. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    mother-of-god that top wood is gorgeous!
    Which is exactly what I've come to expect from Alan's instruments.

Michael Schreiber and GilGB like this.
  3. That's quite simply gorgeous :) Congratulations. What a fantastic way to start 2018.

Here in Scotland it's 57 minutes till the clock strikes midnight so an Early Happy New Year :thumbsup:

4. GilGB

GilGB

Aug 14, 2007
    Exactly what i told Alan! Happy new year BTW!

5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

too cool! wow! congrats on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

GilGB likes this.
  6. Welcome to the ACG family! Alan makes *THE* best basses out there. I love my pair of them, and wish I could own even more. :)

That is a real beauty, and the sound certainly is amazing. I'm also a huge fan of the asymmetrical neck. Alan has pretty much ruined me for any other bass, I don't think I'll ever play anything other than an ACG again.

Congrats!!!

bebass, dinoadventures and GilGB like this.
  7. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet?

Jun 14, 2009
    Mt Vernon, NY
    Gorgeous bass! Can you share all of the specs?

GilGB likes this.
  8. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Alan builds tremendous basses and is amazing to work with. Congrats on a beautiful instrument.

blindrabbit and GilGB like this.
  9. GilGB

GilGB

Aug 14, 2007
    0266 Recurve 5 | AC Guitars

The only things i asked Alan to change are the electronics and pickups.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    blindrabbit likes this.
  10. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Beautiful bass, Congrats!

GilGB likes this.
  11. Fancy seeing you here! It's Chris...still hunting that Peavey Palaedium! Happy new year.

OP, that is just divine. Alan is an amazing luthier. I was once the owner of the first Harlot singlecut bass, which ranks among the best instruments I've ever played. Enjoy this new bass!

GilGB and kodiakblair like this.
  12. Hiya Chris

No word on the Palaedium I'm afraid :( Fretboard on that ACG is fantastic :)

GilGB and blindrabbit like this.
  13. Wow!!!, if that sounds as good as it looks, you may have rediscovered the Holy Grail, that is spectacular. Congratulations, and Happy New Year to you!

Regards

GilGB likes this.
  14. First of all, that bass of yours is simply stunning! Wow. I just spent a few minutes perusing his site. Obviously he's got some pretty outstanding looking basses. Do these basses have his own filter based pre in them generally? I too love Assymetrical necks, I have a Tobias. The few prices I could see on some of the basses looked reasonable for the level of work and materials. Sadly it's another one of the many fine basses I've yet to even see let alone play. I'm sure there's not a lot over here, or are there? Did you have a hefty customs bill?
    Edit, just saw you haven't a specified location.

GilGB likes this.
  15. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    That is an amazing piece of work, congratulations

IMG_1977.jpg

16. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet?

Jun 14, 2009
    Mt Vernon, NY
    blindrabbit and GilGB like this.
  17. BassJuju

BassJuju

Jul 9, 2016
    Kentucky
    That is stunning! Grats!

GilGB likes this.
  18. @Kirk Bryant

If you can make it to NAMM, Alan will be there and so will his basses :). There's a boutique bass collective area.Great idea, booths at NAMM are expensive so the small builders clubbing together for space allows them to attend.

19. onebassplayer5

onebassplayer5 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Beautiful!!!

GilGB likes this.
  20. Michael Schreiber

Michael Schreiber Commercial User

Oct 14, 2014
    Kassel / Germany
    www.frau-kapitaen.com
    Wow, very beautiful - congrats!
    Happy New Year - and much fun playing that beauty \m/

GilGB likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021