NBD again...(but this time it's really mine!) NS NXTa5 Prototype.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PaulPriest76, Feb 21, 2018.

1. PaulPriest76

PaulPriest76 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Kentucky
    Ned sent this bass to me back in the Summer to try out for a week, and I didn't want to send it on to the other players...I did, of course, but it was hard to say goodbye. Now it's back image1.JPG image2.JPG ,and it's MINE! This is THE NS Design NXTa prototype radius 5 string bass guitar #1. The very first, and I'm thrilled to have it back. The bass can run in passive or active mode, and the active switch has a warm, and almost Neve preamp type quality to my ear. The active pickups are powered by a super capacitor that you charge with a wall adapter into the 1/4 input jack.One sixty second charge will give you around 16-17 hours of playing time. The bass feels great(as all NS Design basses do, IMO), and I love the finish. I'm glad she's home...I've missed her! Thanks Ned!

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

wow! what a great looking ax...looks ready to play! congrats on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

PaulPriest76 likes this.
  3. PaulPriest76

PaulPriest76 Gold Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Kentucky
    Thanks so much! Ned is sure good to me, and I love those basses. They're the absolute best for what I do live,and in the studio. I'd recommend them to anyone!

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

he sure is good to you! that's priceless all by itself! regarding love for the bass: i've never really cared for the spirits/XL2's/etc. form factor, but your NBD really looks inviting to me. i'm sure i could rock that one....and i know you'll definitely be rocking it!

PaulPriest76 likes this.
  5. thirtyhz

thirtyhz

Apr 5, 2001
    This bass has piqued my interest but I can find anything about that single tone control. Is it boost/cut or a simple passive? Can you comment on the flexibility in tone?I usually go for more bass /low mids and less sizzle.