1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Alembic content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SamJ, Apr 6, 2015.

1. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    Well, after more than a decade without my beloved Alembic which was stolen and never recovered, I finally pulled the trigger on a new one.

I was going to place the order thru a dealer, but i came across the almost identical bass that I want. In a perfect world I'd have gotten a Series II, but the money was too much, and even though I've been looking for a year for a clean used one, I've not found one at a price I can justify.

This one is new, and the model and body shape is my favorite... the EQ/preamp has a lot of the tone and shaping of the Series 2 without the complexity or flexibility. It is however brand new, 2014 built and that is something I like...

Fedex 3 day is going to feel like 3 weeks!
    MK4D_CocoBolo_Back. MK4D_CocoBolo_Front. MK4D_CocoBolo_Full. MK4D_CocoBolo_LEDs. MK4D_CocoBolo_Peghead.

2. Ross McLochness

Ross McLochness Living Room Bassist Extraordinaire

Aug 20, 2013
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Alembics really are works of art.
    That is a gorgeous instrument.
    Yeah, I'd have a hard time waiting for that one as well.
    Congrats.

3. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    ...absolutely beautiful!

SamJ likes this.
  4. Stunner.

'Grats.

SamJ likes this.
  5. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    OMG! This is my dream bass, bar none. I have lusted after one of these for years. Is that what they call "Balance K" shape? That is by far the most beautiful bass shape ever made by Alembic, or IMO, anybody else. I will never have the disposable scratch to buy one, so I may have to build a tribute copy for my own use. a simplified version of course, since I am an amateur aspiring luthier. I love the combination of woods, the cocobolo is stunning. I am literally green with envy, congratulations on this, I'm sure you are drooling in anticipation. Can you post some soundclips when you get it? Thanks for posting, those photos made my day.

SamJ likes this.
  6. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Lovely !

SamJ likes this.
  7. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    That is the business. Congratulations.

SamJ likes this.
  8. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    That is stunning! Congrats!

SamJ likes this.
  9. SamJ

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    thanks all for the congrats... yep, my dream bass too. I'm having to part with some perfectly good basses that I also love to help fund it, so please check out the classifieds if you or anyone you know is looking for a good EBMM or Custom Classic Jazz bass... ;)

carsbybigd likes this.
  10. Amazing bass enjoy :cool::cool::cool:

SamJ likes this.
  11. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Congrats on an absolutely beautiful Alembic!

SamJ likes this.
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Lovely bass. Yeah, it'll probably sound killer. Congrats! Makes me want one...in a fiver.

SamJ likes this.
  13. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

That is an absolutely gorgeous instrument.

SamJ likes this.
  14. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I LOVE the Balance K. I wish I could afford a 5'er myself! Congrats on your new acquisition!

SamJ likes this.
  15. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
    That is very pretty.

Enjoy!

SamJ likes this.
  16. mikeyjm2

mikeyjm2 Keepin' it simple.

Dec 31, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Wow! That gives me serious GAS fits. Stunningly beautiful instrument - congrats!

SamJ likes this.
  17. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Congratulations & Compliments - that is a seriously sweet bass. Looks like Signature electronics, with an extra switch... I'm guessing for LED's? Awesome!

SamJ likes this.
  18. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    SELL EVERYTHING! With this in hand, all other basses will be superfluous. I have spoken! I'm going to crawl into a closet now, and weep bitter tears of regret that this is not my bass.

19. SamJ

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL

lol, I know how you feel... I went insane without one for all these years.. This years tax return was bigger than expected, and along with selling a few I'm going to be able to pay off this 5 figure price tag.

I'm absolutely torn on weather to sell my beloved Spector, but the Fender Master Built will stay... the 3 that must go are the ones I will likely never use (as I've already shown this to be the case).. Misewell find them a good home where they will be loved.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    jazzyvee and Gilmourisgod like this.
  20. Red Four

Red Four

Apr 4, 2011
    Missouri
    Beautiful! I love that body shape, though of course it all looks good. Sorry you had one stolen, but I hope you love this one for many years to come. Cheers.

Gilmourisgod and SamJ like this.