1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Alembic!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaseyVancouver, Mar 24, 2017.

1. CaseyVancouver

CaseyVancouver

Nov 4, 2012
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg 04 Alembic Essence 4 string fretless unlined. Impressed with the build quality and detail of this beautiful instrument!

Check out the Purple Heart & Maple wood accent on the sides. Bass is the one Alembic uses to showcase 'superb walnut' on it's website. Alembic fitted case.

Plays smooth, nice balance, not heavy, 34" string length neck has a wonderful feel to it.
    Fretless unlined intonation is cool for me, love it.

Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Congratulations on scoring one of the most underrated basses in bassdom! I don't own an Essence, but every one that I have played has been just off the charts awesome!

Make certain to check in at the Alembic Club Alembic Club - Index

There are also some Alembic Club-ish threads here on TB that you can drop into.

3. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Oh my!
    Now THAT is enough to make me go back to playing just 4 strings!

KILLER BASS!

And Walnut is my favorite wood. My Alembic Epic fretless 6 is flamed maple because it was what the store had and I was new to flamed maple then and impressed. And then the next Alembic they got in was burled walnut and I realized my mistake! Oh well.

Fretless Alembic. So yummy!

4. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    So very beautiful!
    I'd say it gives me G.A.S., but it's fretless, which I'm not very good at. So... partial immunity!

5. rjmsteel

rjmsteel

Jan 25, 2009
    Lake County, IL
    Nice score!

6. CaseyVancouver

CaseyVancouver

Nov 4, 2012
    KILLER BASS!

And Walnut is my favorite wood. My Alembic Epic fretless 6 is flamed maple because it was what the store had and I was new to flamed maple then and impressed. And then the next Alembic they got in was burled walnut and I realized my mistake! Oh well.

Fretless Alembic. So yummy![/QUOTE]

Hey I love flamed maple too!
    Here is one of my uprights with big leaf flamed maple from Vancouver Island.
    It's the best! Let's see your Epic!!!
    image.jpeg

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    An Alembic is underrated?

Congrats on the nice bass OP!

8. Nice!!! Bet it MWAH's like a champion!

9. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I just mean that when people try to compare Alembic to Fodera and Sadowsky and MTD, they tend to do so with respect to Series I and Series II basses. I would stand an Essence next to a Sadowsky any day of the week, even though it is considered a "lower priced" Alembic. And I like Sadowsky.

10. Manticore

Manticore

Feb 27, 2016
    SoCal
    Congratulations!

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Great catch. Enjoy your California goodness! :)

12. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY

Hey I love flamed maple too!
    Here is one of my uprights with big leaf flamed maple from Vancouver Island.
    It's the best! Let's see your Epic!!!
    View attachment 1088995 [/QUOTE]
    Are those "feet" on the side to protect the edges? Good idea that I've never seen before.

13. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    Wow! Nice upright. Thanks for amplifying the GAS I already had toward getting an upright again! :rollno:

Anyway, here is the Epic. The flamed maple didn't come out too nice in this photo. It's really quite nice. Trust me! :) I really like the look of the modern body style of the Epic and as fretless basses go this one really does the job!

Alembic.jpg

14. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    And with the Q switch too, lucky boy.

southgabass likes this.
  15. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    That's a stunning bass. My first Alembic was an Essence and it got me through many a gig.

Enjoy!

Bones