NBD! American Standard Precision V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dls119, Feb 19, 2018.

1. dls119

dls119

Jun 27, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I've never done a NBD thread before, but I'm REALLY excited about this bass. It arrived a little earlier this afternoon and I've had it out all day. I got a pretty good deal online and from about 2-3 feet, the thing looks new. I was expending this bass to be heavier, but it comes in around 8.7 lbs. I know Fender did some upgrades for 2009+ (series say this is a 2008), but I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this bass.

Edit: added some pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    How are you liking this bass so far?

3. Rezdog

Rezdog Gold Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada/Motown
    Greetings for the North,

Congrats. You should have the same 'upgrades' on your 2008 P5 as are on the 2009. They are awesome. Enjoy it. I'm still enjoying mine ;-)

Rezdog

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

i missed this in february --- sorry about that!

looks like a classic winner! cool that it's in such great shape...and it looks like your set for P's! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

5. JW56789

JW56789 Guest

Feb 18, 2017
    They're very interesting in that try as they might, Fender (and everyone else) has a hard time transferring a 4-string Jazz to an identical sounding 5-string version, yet the bass you bought (and my Squier VM P5) are right out of the box very much simply a 5-string Precision Bass. Spooky. Eerily identical to a 4-string P.

These are great basses right out of the box, and hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

HeavyDuty likes this.