1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

NBD! American Standard Precision V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dls119, Feb 19, 2018.

1. dls119

dls119

Jun 27, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I've never done a NBD thread before, but I'm REALLY excited about this bass. It arrived a little earlier this afternoon and I've had it out all day. I got a pretty good deal online and from about 2-3 feet, the thing looks new. I was expending this bass to be heavier, but it comes in around 8.7 lbs. I know Fender did some upgrades for 2009+ (series say this is a 2008), but I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this bass.

Edit: added some pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    How are you liking this bass so far?

3. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada/Motown
    Greetings for the North,

Congrats. You should have the same 'upgrades' on your 2008 P5 as are on the 2009. They are awesome. Enjoy it. I'm still enjoying mine ;-)

Rezdog

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i missed this in february --- sorry about that!

looks like a classic winner! cool that it's in such great shape...and it looks like your set for P's! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

5. They're very interesting in that try as they might, Fender (and everyone else) has a hard time transferring a 4-string Jazz to an identical sounding 5-string version, yet the bass you bought (and my Squier VM P5) are right out of the box very much simply a 5-string Precision Bass. Spooky. Eerily identical to a 4-string P.

These are great basses right out of the box, and hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

HeavyDuty likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021