NBD: Another US Peavey...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aahzz, Jul 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Aahzz

Aahzz

Aug 28, 2008
    I'm so addicted to these basses. Love the tone, love the neck, dread the day the prices go up when people really discover them.

Wanted another Foundation to go with my sunburst '90, and have always wanted but never managed to own a white instrument. Found this '89 Foundation on Craigslist and couldn't resist... IMG_4869.JPG IMG_8309.JPG IMG_9281.JPG

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    gfaulkner, Spent, Aqualung60 and 31 others like this.
  2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    White and Maple, classic combo,Congrats!
    I have a lefty that is still in pieces. I need a couple more parts to get it up and running.

monsterthompson and Aahzz like this.
  3. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    Nice!!!

Aahzz likes this.
  4. darwin-bass

darwin-bass

Mar 29, 2013
    Salem OR
    Like. A lot.

5. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    Nice score there. Gotta love the USA Peaveys. Just bought an axcelerator 5 today so now I have a 4 and a 5 in Latvia and a 5 string in the US. I guess I'll hold off on another peavey 4 since my ibanez fills the spot here nicely.

6. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    sweet! great Peaveys are snob-worthy and sturdy as a Detroit diesel.
    I'm a proud club member.

Aqualung60 and Dr. Cheese like this.
  7. jaybones

jaybones Inactive

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Love it!

I'm looking at a T40 (natural) in good shape for under $300, and just might pull the trigger.

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    IMG_2202.JPG

My white Fury is not as pristine as the OP's Foundation, but this totally nails the classic P-bass vibe.

9. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    I'm constantly scouring CL to snag a deal on one. I got a foundation S, but want a SF foundation to go with it....

10. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    I have a white Fury just like that, except I changed the pup covers to off white to match the color the body has faded to - it's a very nice instrument

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  11. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I'm sure it is!

12. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player

Mar 14, 2011
    I already congratulated you @Aahzz in the USA Peavey club thread but I will hit you up again here. That's a stunner for sure. The black dome knobs with the rubber grips are quickly becoming my favorite Peavey knobs. Love the look and functionality. Congrats again!

zapped777 likes this.
  13. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    Between it and a Foundation 5 I have, I could cover any gig I'll ever play - and only have around $300 into the pair, including hardshell cases... I did change the bridge on the 5er to one for a MIM Fender 5 string - it was a little work, but didn't cost much - and bumped the string spacing out to 17.5mm, same as my EBMM and Schecter 5ers...

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  14. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    I also changed the knobs to white speed knobs - I'll see if I can get a pic up here soon

fhm555 and Dr. Cheese like this.
  15. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I would have given you 100 on the awesome scale, as I thought your acquisition was hanging from barbed wire... turns out, it was just really cool, indoor Christmas lights posing as barbed wire...

... 105! Score! Nice bass, btw!

16. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Dr. C, you definitely nailed my weekend at National Trails 'Night of Thunder', by placing the book 'White Trash' next to that beautiful bass... if I heard the theme from 'Deliverance' once more, I would've made an early exit...

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  17. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Three of my five current basses are USA Peaveys: A TL-Five, a T-40, and a Cirrus 6 (sporting the Millennium preamp.)

I may be parting ways with the Cirrus 6, but not because there is anything 'wrong' with it; rather, I'm just not much of a six-string guy these days.

(Side note: chances are, if I DO sell it, it'll be to fund another USA Peavey...:cigar:)

18. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That was not intentional. I plan on reading that as soon as I finish another book I am reading. I hope I did not offend anybody.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  19. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If you want to trade that Cirrus for Peavey Forum Five, send me a PM!

20. cman227

cman227 Guest

Dec 21, 2014
    I was thinking of looking into Peavy for a 5 string. Hard to tell which ones are still made in the USA. Does anyone have any experience with this?