1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD AVRI 57 Precision Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hsech, Oct 31, 2013.

1. hsech

hsech Work hard. My Social Security needs a raise.

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    I got this beauty from the UPS truck today. It's a 2011 AVRI 57 Precision. It's a beauty. A few very light scratches, but none through the finish. It reminds me of a early 60's Precision (that was pretty beat up when I got it) that I had back in college. I've only played it through my Markbass so far, but it sounds sweet. I'll get a chance to gig it tomorrow night if I'm not afraid of scratching it up so soon.

57P1_zps8851ce00.

2. Beautiful!!!

3. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    Nice. birthyear bass for me. maybe time for one

4. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    congrats hsech

I had one and sold it .... regretted it ... bought another loved it just as much
    almost sold it here recently ... came to my senses and closed the tread
    they really are sweet basses.

the 57 may be as close as I get to my birth year bass at a reasonable price
    59's are costly ... until they come out with an avri 59
    Bill

5. hsech

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    Since they didn't make a P in 1948 I'll never be able to get one from my birth year.

6. Nice piece. I briefly just had one in white blonde. In my particular case, though, it had a very sloppy neck pocket and the nut was cut in such a way that the E string almost sat on the edge of the neck! Probably was an anomaly, as I've heard virtually nothing but raves about these.

7. PJRL

PJRL

Mar 27, 2010
    greenfield center NY
    Congrats what a beauty !! I also had a one a couple years ago and sold it... : ( What was I thinking. I loved it, and will have another one at some point.

8. jake3

jake3 Guest

Aug 23, 2013
    nice! Love those basses. I have an AVRI '62 RI, shown here with her sister a '78 fretless P:

[​IMG]

both get gigged a lot (although different type gigs).

9. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Congrats. Love my '57 AVRI in white blonde, even if she is slightly overweight. She sings very sweetly and plays nicely. (Kinda like a favorite ex-girlfriend from back in the day!) :p

10. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Very nice bass, congratulations!

11. hsech

Jun 27, 2012
    Central Iowa
    The neck is sure more comfortable than the American Standard P I recently sold. I've also noticed the string spacing is a lot wider when switch back and forth between my Gibson Midtown and the AVRI 57 P. Not a bad difference. I'll be gigging it tonight for the first time.

12. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Congrats... also my birthyear... must get one before I go.

13. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    From a cosmetic point, that is my absolute favorite! If I ever bought a P bass soley on looks it would be one of those.

I was born in '53, so that would also be the closest I could afford to a birth year bass.

Congrat's!!

14. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Haha. Or 1942. Dammit, Leo, why'd you take so long?:D

By the way, I have a 2010 AVRI '57 in the same finish. Love it.

15. I would love to own one of these just because I'm young enough to be from 1957 myself. ;)

I hate to admit it, but I think the P bass has aged far more gracefully than I have. Wait...come to think of it, the P bass hasn't aged at all; it's still going just as strong today as it was back in '57!

16. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    Gorgeous - Congrats on such a lovely P-Bass

17. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Congrats!
    Good to hear your not afraid to take it out and play...potential scratches be damned
    That's what you got it for!
    Enjoy it