NBD Balaguer Guitars Select Custom Fusion Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funk, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Funk

Funk

Dec 23, 2008
    Just got this incredible bass from the team over at Balaguer Guitars!

This is their 5 string Fusion bass in shell pink with a satin finish.

It's built with:

An alder body
    35 inch maple neck
    Their reverse head stock
    Two Marracobucker pickups
    and a Darkglass preamp.

It's perfectly balanced! It weighs 10.2lbs with absolutely no neck dive what so ever. Needless to say I am over the moon with how this bass turned out. The wait time was about 4/5 months which is the shortest amount of time I have ever had to wait for a select costume bass. Can't wait to share some clips of how monstrous this thing sounds in the near future.

Also included some of the progress photos they sent me during the build process.

IMG_2848.JPG IMG_2849.JPG IMG_2850.JPG Balaguer Custom#60837-1.JPG Balaguer Custom#60837-2.JPG Balaguer Custom#60837-3.JPG Balaguer Custom#60837-4.JPG Balaguer Custom#60837-5.JPG Balaguer Custom#60837-6.JPG Balaguer Custom#60837-7.JPG Balaguer Custom#60837-8.JPG 1-2 (60837).jpg 3-4 (60837).jpg

Bassaga, Atonalmodal, Tmw2011 and 5 others like this.
  2. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Love the pink

3. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    That is a very attractive instrument

4. Atonalmodal

Atonalmodal

May 1, 2014
    4 hours from Vulcan
    None
    That's a sharp looking bass.
    I've had my goliath for about a month and I'm very pleased with its build quality, balance and playability.
    I was pondering a fusion but I was concerned about neck dive, your post has somewhat allayed those concerns.

Here's mine
    B3.png

seedokebass likes this.
  5. Nice “costume” bass, even if it does weigh over ten pounds.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021