NBD Bargain Edition!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hevy T, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    NBD This old Ibanez SR 400 is In near mint condition considering its about 25 years old! I did thinking about refinishing it but the color is starting to grow on me! Not bad for $125 CDN

Is this the same as the other SR400 basses and made of maple? Sure feels heavy enough for it :)

Btw judging by the SIN is this Korean or Japanese made?

Attached Files:

P. Aaron likes this.
  2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    If it doesn't have an MIJ stamp/tag on it i would assume MIK.

3. The first letter of the serial number is the factory where the bass was made. If it were Japanese, it would start with an "F" for fujigen (sp?). I think the C stands for Cortek, which means made in Korea.

UNICORN BASS likes this.
  4. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Hevy T :) happy NBD :hyper::hyper::hyper:

...she was made for both kinds of music :D Heavy and Rock :laugh:

have fun man

Wise(b)ass

5. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    HA!!! My score just got better!! This thing has EMG Pickups in it :) Thanks to the previous owner for doing the upgrade that I was going to do lol

6. jaybones

jaybones Inactive

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    I think the color is just right for the era it was made. 1992 was still getting out of the 80's.

I could see this with a magenta keytar player, some crazy hair styles, and lots of strange color combinations.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021