1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD...Benavente SCD Buckeye Burl

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by campbems, Mar 5, 2016.

1. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I traded for this beauty and have it coming my way. It is one of the best looking and sounding basses I've ever seen. This will be my first Benavente bass and hopefully not my last.
    image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image.

2. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    Very nice!

campbems likes this.
  3. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Benavente Basses seem to be work of arts. I'm excited to get it.

4. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Stunning! Nicely done! One of the best basses I've owned(and one of my biggest regrets moving it) was a Benavente single cut with a Mac Ebony top. These basses balance so nicely and have such great feeling necks. Enjoy it!

campbems likes this.
  5. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    How did you like the the tone and how they would set in a live mix? This one has been upgraded with the newest preamp Chris has for his basses. Was supposed to really smoothed the tone out. The previous owner sent me some sound clips and they sounded amazing. Just wondering what other that have owned thought about the tone.

kittywithabanjo likes this.
  6. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Well its not going to be a good comparison as the one I had featured Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups and a Nordstrand pre. Also the wood combo was different. Mine was a growly monster with a sweet singing top end. Sat in the mix just great. But again, totally different specs other than body shape.

campbems likes this.
  7. I've eyeballed that bass many times, looks great! What kind of stuff will you be playing with it?

8. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Praise and Worship and mainly Christian music. Play in a couple different bands.