1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD! Bronco

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Casting Thunder, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    P1010947.

I was worried I spent too much on it since I got it used, but it appears all the previous owner did was file down the frets so I'm happy.

Prepare for endless questions on modding! (Man the bridge sucks and tuners are like stone aged.) Pick up and color suggestions welcome. (I'd like to keep the bass in a darker color, but I already have a red bass.)

:D

2. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Nice bass! Broncos look great in black... to me the red ones look like toys.
    I put a GFS Lil Killer 10K in my Bronco, and added a pearloid pickguard. It's a fabulous little bass now.
    Not much need to modify anything other than the pickup. I've learned to live with the bridge. Wasn't sure on the tuners at first, but they actually hold tune very well on mine and seldom need adjusting.

Attached Files:

3. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Broncos are such an awesome mod platform. And I say this having never even held one. Just seeing the results on TB is testament enough. Looking forward to seeing this progress!