1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD, candy apple red and maple

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FourBanger, Mar 22, 2013.

1. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    ...but not how you initially thought of red and maple!

6pqlfr.

Recent but not current (2009 according to serial number) SR300M Candy Apple red with the two band EQ plus style sweep control. In very good condition, only some bag rash on the outer knobs and bridge, for under $200.

I couldn't find a Peavey I thought I was looking for but I am glad I found this, it is a very nice bass and I love the bright red mixed with the maple board.

2. Draculea

Draculea

Oct 2, 2011
    Mexico City
    That's a nice bass you've got there. I happen to own an SR 375M, and I love the maple fretboard. Enjoy your bass, Ibbys are great and SRs are definitely some of the coolest basses I've ever played.

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I'm a fan of that combo. Nice choice!

4. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    I had to buy it, it popped up for a good price and I was looking for something more durable than by beat-up RBX170. I paid less for it than I would've for a new RBX170.

Besides, it is pretty, and plays and sounds good too.

5. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    Nice! I just got mine in a few days ago, same bass and color. Price you paid is good, but for some reason, a few Guitar Centers were selling them much cheaper than usual-I got an orange one for $119, a few days later, saw the red one for $99.99 -so I ended up buying both (in great condition too).It was too good to pass up on.
    Most GC stores sell them for $199-$240 though but keep an eye out online as used ones do pop up for ridiculously cheap prices every now and then.

6. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    This one is like new, the body is not only free of dings, but even the finish is not worn, scratched, or hazed at all. The slight rashing on the knobs is all that separates it form appearing new.

I have noticed that on occasion my local GCs seem to blowout their used inventories when they get a lot of simlar gear, possibly your area had a glut of used Ibanez basses and they weren't moving for the typical prices.

I do like the red and maple better than the current choice for maple. Last year Ibanez showed the foam green and white for the 300M, now they are down to just the white.

7. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    The red one with maple neck is definitely a looker. Congrats and have fun with that purdy nice bass!

8. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    I like this CAR much better than any I've seen on all of the Fenders I've encountered, as those are the bass most often seen with a red body and maple neck probably, and I must say this hue is more metallic and a little deeper red, which I really like.

Here's the funny 'it goes around' angle. The first time a few years back I got the inkling to go back to bass from guitar the very first bass I played was an SR300M. I was in GC looking at guitars, I hadn't had an electric in a few years and wanted a new one, but couldn't afford much. Nothing I tried did anything for me, and I thought "hey, this is getting stale, maybe I'll wander over there and try to remember some basslines." For no apparent reason other than I liked the blue and maple I grabbed the SR300M and started fiddling. That was the day I decided to go back to bass, and in the back of my head I was always thinking that once I could afford to buy new and and spend more than a couple hundred I would love to have one. This time it found me, my bass came to me...