1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Carvin LB76A

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by autodidact, May 23, 2012.

1. Well today I made a trade, my GL Tribute L2500 for this fancy Carvin LB76A. Waiting on a email back from Carvin with the exact specs and everything but its one sexy piece of instrument. I was scared of the 6 string neck at first but its actually not a hard adjustment. Damn this things fun to play :D

Attached Files:

2. Nice score!! I love me some LB76. Hows that pup config treating you. I got two Js and it sounds pretty damn awesome. View attachment 268482

3. The pup configuration is awesome. With the bridge pup in parallel it sounds close to normal single coil so it can get the normal jazz tones that everyone love. In series though...this thing is a monster, big beefy, mid heavy sound. New strings are on the way but even with the dead strings that came with it, she still sounds great.

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Congrats. That's a nice looker. You got the better end of the deal, IMO. :)

Don't hold your breath waiting for Carvin to give you info on specs. They are very bad about this type of inquiry, normally. And, they have often said that they have no historical data based on serial numbers, which has always seemed odd to me. I'd go to the Carvin museum web site, where all the info is available and pretty easy to locate.

Have fun with your new toy!!!

5. Eggman

Eggman Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Nice bass - congrats.

6. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Sweet!

I think so too.

Ben

7. katalyzt13

katalyzt13 some dude

May 22, 2012
    Georgia
    that is an amazing bass. I just got a guitar from Carvin - a DC145M. I'm just getting into bass, but if I stick with it long term, I'll have to order something pretty similar from them down the road.

8. Definitely, its a different beast than the L2500 but the quality of the construction is on a whole different level. Also monetarily brand new the Carvin is about twice the price so that's a good sign generally :ninja: