1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Chandler Busan Model

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by CaseyVancouver, Jan 14, 2017.

1. CaseyVancouver

CaseyVancouver

Nov 4, 2012
    image. image. image. image. image. image.

Brought my new bass home today! First talkbass transaction went perfect.
    The last time I bought an upright was 1974 at age 19. Played it on 50 to 100 gigs a year since then.

The new bass is a 7/8 Chandler made with Reid Hudson West Coast wood. Hand made and beautiful.
    Same colour as Jack Daniels. The decider for me was its sound, big! The bass is modelled after an Italian Busan from about 1750. Peter Chandler had access to one for dimensions.

Mid '80s my soon to be wife Marcia and I were holidaying on Vancouver Island and dropped in to see Reid Hudson. We were driving our '56 Continental Mark II. Thought it was a great idea to buy all the wood for a bass! It fit in the trunk too. Actually this car was our special 'going out for dinner car' but my daily driver at the time was a '66 Corvette coupe. The double bass fit in the Corvette and I could actually fit a bass in the trunk of the Continental. We got married later and had a son who's middle name is Reid ...cause we liked it.

Fast forward to a few years ago and I still had not started making a bass with that wood. Brock Radelet from Victoria phoned me one day and wanted to buy the wood, to build a bass for an American client. It went with him.

I figured I never would get a bass with Reid Hudson wood but last week saw one on Talkbass!
    And in my town! Easy transaction with Brent too. Super happy all round!

Cheers
    Casey

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Jeff Bonny, Tom Lane, Reiska and 2 others like this.
  2. Awesome! I'm so glad you're happy, Casey. I have no doubt that she'll be good to you. Cheers!

3. Mister Boh

Mister Boh

Oct 23, 2016
    Annapolis, MD
    Looks fantastic! Enjoy!

4. Nice. You have excellent taste in wood and in automobiles. Enjoy!

5. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Nice going, good to see Brent's bass in good hands!

Jeff Bonny and bassmanbrent like this.
  6. Joshua

Joshua WJWJr Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    Wow, very nice!

7. Nathan Levine

Nathan Levine Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Anchorage, AK
    Jealous!!! I had been wondering how I was going to get to Vancouver (from AK) and back for that beauty.

8. CaseyVancouver

CaseyVancouver

Nov 4, 2012
    image.