1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD CIC classic vibe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jamersonburton, Sep 26, 2020.

1. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    I had to sell my beloved modded Fender Highway 1 precision basses in order to pay some bills earlier this year. It was sad but I had to do it and I still had my epiphone thunderbird so while live music was down I only really needed one bass for rehearsals and playing at home.

Eventually got myself back on my feet and was itching for a good but affordable precision bass.
    I found this used Squier 2016 crafted in china classic vibe 70s pbass and decided to bite the bullet. No regrets so far! The construction of this bass is impeccable

The best neck I've ever played was on a Squire Matt Freeman signature bass which I stupidly traded a long time ago. This feels very similar to that in terms of construction and quality but not as thick front to back. I still prefer the freeman but this is close enough, especially for the price point!

Before purchasing this bass I was at a music store and played the following: 4 Fender Player Series precision basses, a current squier made in indonesia classic vibe 70s pbass, and a Fender American Performer pbass.

I'm happy I didn't go with any of those because this bass was the clear winner (surprisingly, the worst was the american fender and that was set up properly! None of the player series precisions impressed me either. All subjective, of course).

Attached Files:

TC.65 and Shawn Luckman like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021