NBD (Coming Soon!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrBassman17, Jul 7, 2017.

1. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    OK, I couldn't help myself, and it's done! Pre-ordered the new Jack Casady 20th. Anniversary bass! zZounds has the four payment; no credit check; no interest; no tax; no shipping deal, and I couldn't stop myself! They say expected to arrive to them about July 20th., I'm in no rush. Now, all I have to do is find a buyer for my silver burst JC Ltd. Ed.!

Warhawk, vivaknoxvegas and bholder like this.
  2. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Congrats!

MrRubi04 and Warhawk like this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Em er perdy.
    CasadyBass20th_WR_Splash.jpg

4. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Very Nice! That's a looker that's going to sound great.

I've got Jack Casady pup and guts in my Artcore 140 and it's a tone monster.

I do hope the anniversary model is free from the odd-dropoff that many of the cassady's had with their volume and tone pots. I swapped mine with 1000k pots and it helped quite a bit, but it's still somewhat there. Still, the tone is worth the oddity of adjustment.

bholder, MrRubi04 and Warhawk like this.
  5. Drifter_Bass

Drifter_Bass

Apr 5, 2017
    MPLS, MN
    What are the stock pots in the typical Casady model?

Warhawk likes this.
  6. Eilif

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    That is the mystery.
    There was some discussion of it here before, but I think they were 25k. Could be wrong though. I'm still unclear if the problem was strictly the rating of the pots or their quality.

Warhawk likes this.
  7. Looks like a beauty! Congrats!!!

8. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    I already know that the pick guard is coming off, and I'll be switching the tuners for Hipshot Ultralight's and the bridge for the Hipshot 3 point. What I'm undecided about is to transport those items from my silver burst, which are black, or purchase new in gold! I think the gold would really look great against the red, but there are a lot of black highlights throughout the wood grain and knobs, so I'm debating both pro's & con's. What do you all think? Black or gold?

9. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    That sounds like a wonderful combination - any clips?

10. Eilif

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Nope. Never recorded that bass.
    It pretty much sounds just like a Cassady with perhaps a bit more attack and a tiny bit less warmth. Not surprising since the size, scale and construction is about the same and the only significant differences are the 2 part bridge, and the pup being located a bit closer to that bridge.

bholder likes this.
  11. Eilif

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    I'm normally not a gold hardware guy, but I think this would be the bass to go gold on. Gold knobs and hardware would be really pretty. Perhaps go all the way and take a fine tipped gold paint marker and make the writing on the impdence switch plate gold also?

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021