1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD ! Cort B5 plus AS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chuckdesj, Jan 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chuckdesj

Chuckdesj

Jan 11, 2015
    Canada
    My first 5 strings ! I ordered it on sale for boxing day. First time I buy an instrument without trying it before, but for this price it was ok !

Come with hipshot bridge and tuner and markbass preamp. Hardware is really good for the price of the bass, but the preamp is another thing... but maybe its because im used to my ebmm stingray, no comparison !

Neck is pretty good, well made and really good relief out of the box ! Pretty impressive. Only thing I need to adjust out of the box was intonation

A lot of review I’ve read said strings spacing was tight, but I find it comfortable and easy to play.

Finally, the B string. I must say, honestly, the B string on that bass sound......muddy ! But wasn’t expecting much from a 34 inch scale bass of this price. That’s not my main bass and it’s fun to play so I dont regret my purchase :)

E2B53F41-2F58-4AAE-AE02-7F855559DCE4.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    keithbroussard, MrLenny1 and tubatodd like this.
  2. Chuckdesj

Chuckdesj

Jan 11, 2015
    Canada
    Back

Attached Files:

3. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    I love my 2 Cort 5 string basses. The B5 looks beautiful.

4. Chuckdesj

Chuckdesj

Jan 11, 2015
    Canada
    Yeah i like natural wood ! What are yours 2 cort ?

5. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Artisan A5 plus and Artisan C5 plus

6. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Nice Bass. I don't think it's fair to use a bass in a boxing match though.:D

7. Chuckdesj

Chuckdesj

Jan 11, 2015
    Canada
    Why not ? It used to get slapped

FunkHead likes this.
  8. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    The muddy B string might clear up with a different set of strings. Start with a set of D'Addario XL's. Not too expensive and I've always like the B string.

9. Chuckdesj

Chuckdesj

Jan 11, 2015
    Canada
    Not sure but I think XL’s are already stock string on cort. I tried some setting and I found that in active mode, with bass control 15,20% down, it’s not that bad.
    As my other bass is a stingray with bright string, I thought maybe put flats on this one.