1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD-Curbow content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Carver, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I just took delivery of my latest acquisition! A 1999 Curbow petite. I've been wanting one of these for a while, and it was well worth the wait. This bass was a custom order with EMG 40j pickups and a 2tek bridge. The seller replaced the original bartolini preamp with a glockenklang, which is really sweet. I'm more than likely going to replace the pickups though, as the EMG sound isn't my thang. Just thought I'd post some pics for all my friends here! Enjoy :)

86af8ce3.

2fa3fa62.

5721e880.

2. anonymous111813

anonymous111813 Guest

Mar 1, 2011
    Congratulations. A once owned an Intl. Ex. Petite, it was one of the best bass guitars I ever laid my hands on.

3. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Nice one. I saw that on eBay, and your pictures look even better. Is it a Retro due to the pickguard?

Enjoy.

4. I thought it may be a retro, but the headstock says curbow petite....I suppose since it was a custom order??

5. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Ah, gotcha.

6. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    I LOVE that. :)

7. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That thing looks awesome. I'd have to put Bart or Delano pickups in it!

8. For sure! I really dont care for the sound of these EMGs, so I've been looking at the Barts, Delano, and Nordstrand. Leaning heavily towards the big splits right now.

9. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Very nice looking Curbow, man! Welcome to the club... :cool:

10. A little update on this...I went ahead and ordered some Nordstrand Big Singles for this bass. Just have to wait a few weeks now. I'll be sure to post an update if anyone's interested.

11. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Definitely! All my Curbows have had Barts, except the Jazz which had Lakland-spec Basslines. It will be interesting to hear what you think of the Nordstrands in that bass, especially with the Glock preamp.

12. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I dont think Ive ever seen a curbow like that. I hope the new pups your getting give it the voices your wanting.

13. Adam Nitti has one pretty similar. His has the single coil Barts and the Bart pre. I got my hands on his a couple of years ago, and haven't been able to stop thinking about it...So a couple of years searching on eBay paid off! The EMGs are the main difference, and that was ordered by the customer originally. The seller replaced the bart pre with the Glock (which is pretty killer BTW)

[​IMG]