1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Dave Pushic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Paulabass, Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    DSC_0554.jpg DSC_0552.jpg DSC_0549.jpg DSC_0551.jpg Sometimes something just falls into your lap. I had about 5 minutes to study Craigslist before driving my girlfriend to the train station, and I saw this, AND it was on my way to her house.
    I've read the mixed reviews of Dave's work. This one is very well crafted. I've owned two Alembics, and this is not up to that standard of fit and finish, but an Alembic costs ten times more- plus, this is my first with an LED lit fingerboard :) Super nice ebony board, and 35" scale. Oversize Bart soapbars, and an Aguilar pre.
    For the price of an MIM Fender, and in a nice Reunion Blues gig bag, I couldn't leave it there.
    Pardon my messy desk. The LED's are on, but the flash washed them out. Smart- Two batteries, so if the LED's kill their battery, the bass still works.
    Edit, turned off my office lights for a pic on the lights on :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Nice score, I have always been curious to try one of his basses.

3. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Beaver County, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Those looks like quad-coil pickups. Some of those switches for the individual coils?

4. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Tapping coils with an allen wrench, it's seems (?) there's three coils (?)
    I'm still trying to figure it out. Vol push pull is act/pass. Bass push pull is freq. One of the switches is mid freq. 3pos. The other two seems to split/rearrange coils. Far switch is the lights.
    If anyone knows for sure, let me know.

5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

congratulations on your new instrument. nice! :thumbsup:

6. Djlsb

Djlsb

Sep 22, 2018
    My DP custom

Attached Files: