1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Double P Content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CBNJ, Jan 25, 2013.

1. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I've only played J basses, and was always interested in a P. Guess I really ran away from the J! What can a single P offer me that this one can't? I'm in love. Best part - gear snobs can't tell what brand it is by the headstock. :)

CvkzifF.jpg
    ionIRbU.jpg
    R0I0BzR.jpg
    yFHsfn6.jpg

2. Hmm.. Looks to me like one of those Rondo thingies. :)

3. Mikio

Mikio

Feb 21, 2009
    Santiago de Chile
    Double Ps are awesome.

Is that blue thing for the dead spots?

4. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    It looks like a tuner.

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Aren't snarks fairly well known? Maybe they're not cuz Sam Ash and GC charge 30 bucks for something that costs 11 on amazon. Also, awesome bass. Congrats.

6. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Those in the know, know, though. :D

I had been looking at that model. How does it sound? How's the fit and finish? Fretwork?

7. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    ;)

You definitely get a lot of bass for your money with it. Sound is awesome on it - I was hesitant on getting it since there are zero videos or reviews about it, but everyone seems to like Rondo/SX so it was an easy decision. Really comfortable to play, a LOT lighter than my Fender J. Looks really small at first, but it's tough playing anything else after using this. Since I've gotten this, I've split the time with this and my Fender probably about 90/10 in favor of the new one. I tried to take a picture of the finish, but it didn't really come out. The finish is on the 'thinner' side, but I love the natural look to it. The frets are all good, no sharp edges, didn't have to adjust anything - came perfectly playable right out of the box.

ttnjiEL.jpg

8. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    P pups for neck and bridge is certainly more versatile then single P pup basses.

9. MiJaKo

MiJaKo

Oct 27, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Keep it next to that stove and you may be doing quite a bit of adjusting. :D

10. By "thinner" (regarding the finish), do you mean that you can see the wood grain?

11. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Oh, I know! I've heard plenty of horror stories. Just moved it there since couldn't find an area with good lighting. :)

Yeah. Not sure if it's the type of finish or the amount used, but from some angles you can see a little bit of the wood grain. I'm sure some might not like it, but I do. :)

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021