1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Dyna-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deeptubes, Mar 28, 2015.

1. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    Found this '87 Peavey Dyna-Bass on CL. It's in good shape, and I was able to get it and OHSC for $200. It's my first black bass. Plays pretty good considering it needs a thorough set up - saddle spacing is off, string height is about 1/4", truss rod needs tightening, and I'll be adding a touch of tilt to the neck. Also, check out the strings on the pegs. They're pulled through the slots and cut with no more than 1 1/2 wraps. I'm undecided on what I'm going to string it with. Haven't plugged into my rig yet. But the guy I bought it from has a Fender Pro 210 combo, and it sounded good through that. I'll be taking it completely apart tomorrow for a deep cleaning because, well, that's what I do. I also got the double bonus in that the case fits my caseless T-40. It's like I bought a case for $100 and he threw in a bass for another $100. Win/win! The strange thing is that it is a 34" scale, but the neck feels short. o_O Must be me.

DSCF4459_zps9qksroql.

DSCF4461_zps2wjvlra1.

DSCF4463_zpswlb1i9sv.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    kodiakblair, mech and fourstringgirl like this.
  2. Great bass, great deal.
    Congrats!

3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Betcha that roars. Just snagged a super ferrite, can't wait to get it in to something.

4. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Nice! Great amp as well. Must be a helluva job to transport that?

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I picked up a really beat up gray one for $75 just to take the pick ups and bridge for a new build.

6. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    Got my tools ready for disassembly after brunch with the family.

It tilts and rolls, like a hand truck. My 210 combo is 30 lbs lighter but tougher to move. The 2" casters can only handle very small bumps. I'm planning on building a pair of 15/6/1's this summer. I'll be putting some nice heavy-duty 4" casters on those. Going to try to attach a telescoping luggage handle to the backs of those, as well. We'll see.

Thomas Kievit likes this.
  7. Reggiep

Reggiep

Mar 18, 2004
    Michigan
    I had one of those back in the late 80's. The only bass that I still regret letting go of. Traded it in towards a Stingray.