1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD-Dyna Frost Blue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by No Neck Shrek, Mar 19, 2013.

1. I just bought this on ebay ! This is the first Frost Blue Dyna I've ever seen !

T2eC16hHJGE9nm3sBtZBROQw8WOCw60_35_zps6b4de1d3. T2eC16JHJGIE9nnWpiQHBROQcj860_57_zps07f0ca2f.

It need some clean up but, that is part of the fun !

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Hmmm, I've seen that color somewhere. It's right on the tip of my tongue. Wait, wait, I've almost got it…

ReBoot - Bob Rockin' Out.

…nope, I lost it. :D

3. Gotapick

Gotapick

Mar 19, 2013
    Hardly ever come across these!

Whats to be cleaned up? Fretboard at a guess?

4. Yes, frets are dull, the board needs oiled. At least I hope thats all it needs. :D

5. OK, now it seems the beautiful frosted blue bass has caused a problem with my wife. Her birthday was March 17. For her birthday I gave her coffee and a sausage egg mcmuffin in bed. She loves McDonadls sausage egg mcmuffins and rarely gets them so I thought this was a great gift and serving it to her in bed with coffee that I had made myself would show her I was thinking about her. I also gave her 2 birthday cards. Later that day I took her to Jeffersonville Outlet where I exchanged one pair of shoes and bought another pair for myself. I then asked her if there was anywhere she wanted to go. She said no, so we left and I pulled onto the freeway to return home. Then about 10 miles away from the mall she asked if I had gotten her a birthday gift and if so when was I going to give it to her. I reminded her that I had asked her if there was any place she wanted to go and she said no. I also told her that I had been searching for a guitar that she wanted but couldn't find one. Then she started crying and said "so, let me get this right...you couldn't find what you wanted to give me so you decided to give me nothing" but you bought yourself new shoes and then she proceded to tell me that she answered "no" because I didn't ask her if there was any place she wanted to go to "select a gift for herself" and she didn't want to assume that was my intention when I asked. By this time it was 5pm and her crying and anger at me really hit my buttons. The mall closes at 6pm but I turned around and drove back to the mall anyway. I left her sitting in the car because she was still crying and went into the perfume shop where I purchased a bottle of her favorite cologne. Given the time limit in which I could shop for a birthday gift for her I thought this was a good choice. I get back to the car and put the gift on her seat. She had left the car to search for a restroom. When she came back she put the bag on the floorboard so she could sit and the perfume slid out. She then reminded me that she had asked me never to buy her perfume again because I had given her perfume for every occasion for the last few years and she could never use all of it. This made me even angrier because after all, I did try. right? She wouldn't even accept the cologne because she said she had to ask for a gift and she had told me never to buy her cologne again. I forgot to mention that she was still mad at me because I didn't give her a Valentine's Day card or gift either. Anyway, today my new frost blue bass arrived and she discovered that I had paid for it the day after her birthday. Now she's furious and says I disrespected her and treated her unfairly and thought only of myself. So then my wife decides she will claim the new bass as her birthday gift. I said "no, I'll find you a guitar". She called me selfish and said I treated her like she was of no importance. She said it was selfish of me to buy new shoes and a bass for myself on her birthday and give her nothing. She said I made her birthday all about me! My wife will not speak to me at all right now and every time I look at her she starts crying. So, here's my questions, was I selfish...did I make her birthday about me or is she just being a drama queen? I really don't think I have wronged her. I would never hurt my wife intentionally but if I am wrong, then please let me know so I can fix it.

6. Funk_Pirate

Funk_Pirate

Oct 6, 2012
    Just remember, your wife is always right, surprise her with a gift, or flowers "just cause", romantic dinner that you cooked and eat it in the candlelight. Women love that ooey gooey s***. On another note, whenever I tick her off, i always wake her up early with breakfast in bed (like full out cereal, eggs, toast, her favorite juice, and whatever else i feel like throwing in) then hand her the keys to the car and say "go have fun". Always puts her in a good mood..... And gets me out of the doghouse

7. Brother, ya should've had her a gift in advance and not perfume. She reacted how I believe most women would react.

8. 5 stars.

9. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    My wife is from Columbus, Ohio. You can't fix it. My wife will let me buy any bass I want as long as it's not a single cut or the color blue. Your bass is blue. That's the root of your problem. Women from Columbus do not like single cut basses or blue basses. Now you know. :)

M. M.

10. I agree with your wife. She should claim your bass. You weren't very thoughtful.

11. Women.

12. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Dang! Well, it seems you don't pay attention first of all. If you got her perfume over and over again that's bad. If she told you not to, and you did again, that's more bad. And if you got it AGAIN just because you were pissed and looking for an easy out, that's more bad..... er (worserer?). Anyway, it seems as though you suck at giving gifts. Here's what you do. LISTEN to her. When she makes a comment about something she sees on TV, write it down. When you hear her telling a friend how awesome something the friend has is, write it down. Use your phone to your advantage. Set dates in the calendar, and maybe put your gift notes in the reminders. You just have to plan ahead man. Cuz you SUCK at gift giving. She might be a little sensitive, but your really SUCK at giving her gifts.

Oh, and by the way...... missing VALENTINES DAY??????? More worsererer. That's really bad. Women LIVE for that freakin day.

But nice bass.

13. Durockrolly

Durockrolly

Nov 26, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Priorities, my friend. Figure them out or you won't be married for much longer. I've been married for 21 years and the secret to success is...
    When you do things to make your wife happy, good things will come to you. I make sure my wife knows she's the best thing that ever happened to me. To keep her happy? No. Because she is the best thing that ever happened to me. Because of this she treats me like a King. My studio is full, my garage is full and most importantly, my heart is full. Fighting is nearly non existent in our relationship. If you truly love show her.

14. Durockrolly

Durockrolly

Nov 26, 2012
    So. Cal.
    In my opinion, it's not the gift, it's the lack of effort/thought!

15. Yeah, I know I suck at gift giving when I don't know what she wants. Its not like I don't get her things, she is in a band ( I've bought her numerous guitars and amp and all the PA equipment for the band). The only thing that I know she want right now is backup guitar, "a vintage Gibson SG" (gear snob? she has an Epiphone SG that she rarely plays). She play a strat now that she loves but, for some reason she's said "a vintage Gibson SG". BEFORE her birthday, I did have her look at a couple of Fender Powerhouse Strats (it the closest to the Eric Clapton signature strat, that I bought for her). I just haven't found an affordable "a vintage Gibson SG" yet. What to do ? :confused:
    I guess I better figure it out soon our anniversary is in 8 days. .:help: .:p