NBD! Embassy Pro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rooster009, May 12, 2022.

1. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    DFAFD2FC-5D94-44C7-B1AB-FDA957E5CBFC.jpeg Just delivered. This thing looks great. So far, I have found no flaws whatsoever. Digging the color. Gonna let it acclimate for a bit and then get down to the nitty gritty.

2. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    About a 1/8th turn of relief on the truss rod, a bit of a adjustment on the neck pickup to level things out, and this thing is good to go. Very pleased and just the tone I was looking for to round out my stable.

3. ronknor

ronknor

Mar 18, 2021
    That is a sweet looking bass and I really like the color.

Rooster009 likes this.
  4. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    Congratulations. Those are great looking basses and they’re getting great reviews. Enjoy

Rooster009 likes this.
  5. C Stone

C Stone

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
    Great color! Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Rooster009 likes this.
  6. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    Thank you everyone. It’s a beautiful color in person and the rosewood is pretty dark. I’ve been doing some tweaks to it here and there, and I’ve got this thing playing like butter. Much like a good Pbass, I can alter my right hand position and attack to get all kinds of tones. The only thing that I would change as of right now, is the plastic control knobs.

TNCreature, Pyrat and LetItGrowTone like this.
  7. Katoosie

Katoosie Chocolate is the best Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    I like it. Are those chrome parts on the bass or is it kinda vintage tinted?

Looks pretty cozy. Is the neck maple?

@edit
    Looked it up online and it looks like the neck is colour matched, that is very nice :)

Rooster009 likes this.
  8. Dragan

Dragan

Oct 5, 2009
    Beautiful

Rooster009 likes this.
  9. Neat color and really looks cool overall.

Rooster009 likes this.
  10. Let us hear how it sounds

11. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Dig that color!

Rooster009 likes this.
  12. AncientNoob

AncientNoob Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2021
    Rural Oregon
    Looks sweet! Probably a good thing I haven’t found one of these to go hands on with. I might like it and I’m weak…

Spidey2112 and Rooster009 like this.
  13. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i'm with everyone else on the really cool color! very cool! --- congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

Spidey2112 and Rooster009 like this.
  14. Gustopher

Gustopher Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2018
    SWVA
    I love these! I have been on the fence on getting one for a while, I am glad you like it! I want the gold one.

Rooster009 likes this.
  15. Dynacord

Dynacord

Jan 1, 2005
    Poland
    Nice! Love Inverness Green (have a t-bird in that color). Hang on to the knobs if you change them as they are reproductions of the originals and are otherwise unavailable (so far as I know).

Rooster009 likes this.
  16. Lava

Lava Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    Nice! Perfect chrome and color combo!

Rooster009 likes this.
  17. Pyrat

Pyrat Supporting Member

Careful, my friend!! I got an Epiphone and stopped playing all my other basses and NOW I have a new Gibson en route and my sense of humour has grown exponentially!!! That bass looks great, play and enjoy...a LOT!!

Rooster009 likes this.
  18. I got a red one a few months ago. I like it but it's taken a back seat to the short scale basses I prefer to play. It is my favourite of the 34" basses I own. My blend control failed quickly (didn't like its feel anyways). After experimenting with series/parallel and VVT, I just wired the 2 pickups in parallel and plugged the hole where the blend was. Since I find the bridge PUP adds more treble than I care for, I might disconnect it one day.
    It's a beautiful bass. The paint finish gleams beautifully in the sunshine.

Rooster009 likes this.
  19. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Epiphone is crushing it lately. Love that pickups in my Thunderbird. Congrats!

Rooster009 likes this.
  20. KB5

KB5

Sep 28, 2012
    Nice bass. Really like the dark fretboard color. Is it laurel or rosewood?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022