NBD - EPIPHONE EB-0 with review & poll

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Son of Wobble, May 4, 2021.

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Most definitely

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  1. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:wideyed:

i wasn't aware of all that history, wow! :jawdrop: any corroboration on any of it? :whistle:

:laugh:

no worries! it's a great looking ax, wobble! seems to suit your reasoning for getting it really well --- and i'm sure you're gonna have some fun with it --- no matter the amp! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

i voted "yes."

Mr_Moo and Son of Wobble like this.
  3. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    First I read the meth lab bass post, now this. I’m speechless. It’s a historic day for TB.

4. Matt O

Matt O

Feb 19, 2013
    The Mitten
    Excellent review as always.

But, dude, fair warning, I ran into Mexican Charlie and he’s out looking for you. Asking if I seen you around. Seemed kind of on edge. More than he usually is.

5. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Shucks, I'm just a YouTube reviewer doing his duty, that's all.
    When I think "historic," I think about the Fab Four and such. But if you envision me up in there in the firmament, that's your prerogative, Sir.

bobyoung53 likes this.
  6. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Mucho thanks for the heads up, I reckon I should carry something a little sharp and pokey lest I get caught empty-handed in an ambush.

I also feel compelled to clarify my use of the moniker Mexican Charlie. People need to understand that I personally don't see race or color. I only call him that to differentiate him from Black Charlie, who moves in the same circles.
    Always striving for clarity here!

bobyoung53, S-Bigbottom and Matt O like this.
  7. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Epiphone? I always thought that was just a typo for Epiphany. Thanks to your sleuthing I now know the backstory and am a richer man for it.

Speaking of an epiphany, I think I just experienced one. At least I think I did. But that raises a question in itself. If you have never had an epiphany (well, a documented epiphany- complete with bona fides) how can one be sure that they are actually having one? I mean, maybe that gas station sushi wasn't quite right, and I'm not having an epiphany at all? Or, what if I was already well versed in the topic I believe I am having an epiphany about, but I had just forgotten about it. Does that still count, or does it really belong on the retread heap?

So, as you can see, I'm kinda confused. But that reminds me about another question that's been bothering me. Do you think that insane people are self aware? Like when they are wandering around conducting their affairs, do you think that they say to themself "Self, I am so off my rocker that I make GG Allin look like an altar boy". I don't know. Maybe that was a bad analogy. Anyway, Happy New Cello Day!

S-Bigbottom and Son of Wobble like this.
  8. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    I would have to look up "epiphany" to fully address your question, and while I like ya, my name ain't "Let me google that for you."
    What I CAN say in extemporaneous mode is what epiphany means to me personally, and that's the "Epiphany Lightfoot" character as played by Lisa Bonet in Angel Heart. Oh Mama!
    Hope that helps.

lisa-bonet-Angel-heart.png

9. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Ahhh. I know her. I'm a bigger fan of her uncle, Gordon Lightfoot. So many memories listening to his lp's.

stompin_tom_in_heyday.jpg

10. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    That's the feller that wrote the song about the ship sinking? Damn, that's a long one. Takes almost seven minutes for that ship to sink.
    You'd think if a bunch of fellers were gonna sink, and another feller wanted to salute them in song, he'd make the length more radio-friendly.

"Edmund Fitzgerald" (Yes, I Googled it for you) shoulda been done more like this Beach Boys number, both in feel and duration. But with boats, not cars

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  11. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Well, boats are kinda slow and cars are pretty quick. But you know what are really fast? Airplanes. Seems like Don McLean kinda missed the boat on that one, too.

BTW, TIL that there is someone who dislikes Mike Love as much as me. Brian Wilson.

S-Bigbottom and Son of Wobble like this.
  12. Matt O

Matt O

Feb 19, 2013
    The Mitten
    Oh man, that song is about a boat? I always thought it was about some guy named Ed Fitzgerald that couldn’t swim very well. I would think that’s what you get for swimming out in the middle of Lake Superior (or Gitchigumi as GL called it) in a storm. Explains a lot, thanks!

Son of Wobble likes this.
  13. That's the best EB-0 review I've ever seen.

bobyoung53 and Son of Wobble like this.
  14. You should have gotten the model that goes to 11, (well worth the extra $5) then you could have heard it even on a 1 watt amp or unplugged.

THEY ARE LOUD! :jawdrop:

15. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Nothing easier in this world than spending someone else's money. Five bucks is five bucks.

I'm going to stand firmly behind Wobble here and agree that Charlie and the Mexican Van axle clearly take priority.

Son of Wobble, PWRL and S-Bigbottom like this.
  16. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA

Mr_Moo, Son of Wobble and Matt O like this.
  17. Good call.
    If he is short $5 again he looses his left hand and that would render the bass useless. :(

charlie monroe and Son of Wobble like this.
  18. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I'm just kinda digging Mr. Wobble's schtick, very amusing. I'm looking for the other hundred shows.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Son of Wobble likes this.
  19. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Your uptick means the world to me, Cliff. I've been reading your gig reports since I was a boy. Hope to still be playing at your age, you're an inspiration! :thumbsup::bassist:

Mr_Moo, bobyoung53 and Bent77 like this.
  20. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi!

You are very kind to this old country bass player.

The best advice I can give any whippersnapper, besides "Stay off my lawn", is "Don't get old!"

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021