1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD!!! Epiphone EB-0!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by El Pelusa, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ok so I got a new bass yesterday, an Epiphone EB-0. I've heard so many bad things about Epiphone and the EB-0 in general but I decided to pull the trigger when I saw this one online for £133.

I must say WOW!! Set up and in tune out of the box. Straight neck. Well dressed frets and fret board. Man, this thing is beautiful! How the hell do hey make this so good for so little paper! Sounds great too! I'm left handed so I've flipped the but and strings and moved the strap button. All I need to do now is wire the pickup straight to the jack and I've got myself a great bass!!

Honestly blown away by the quality of this instrument. Give the Epiphone EB-0 as look!

image.

image.

2. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    It's a great bass! I've been considering it but I'm a 5-string guy.

El Pelusa likes this.
  3. It is! Just been at practice, it has a massive sound! I've just wired the pickup directly to the jack. Sounds awesome! image. I'll probably fill the holes with rubber gromets.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  4. Just played my first gig with this bass wired up direct to jack. Lots of treble but amazing deep lows and fatness through the bass amp. Quite heavy for a short scale. Got this thing set up good, it sounds pretty sweet. Great live bass.

Jinglesmeowmeow likes this.
  5. rumblejunkie

rumblejunkie

Nov 19, 2011
    Falkirk
    I only have one Epiphone which is my custom T bird and its absolutely brilliant . Ive had it around a month now and Im really impressed with the finish and sound . The wiring is very tidy and plays a dream . Good luck with your EB , I fancy one myself .

6. Hi and welcome to the Epi fan club! :D
    Great basses!

El Pelusa likes this.
  7. Ok so I've had the opportunity to play this bass live a few times, and it's actually very bright sounding wired this way.
    image.
    I actually had to add bass! It is pretty limited tonally but it stops me knocking the knobs when I'm playing.

Here she is next to my PsuedoMaster image.

8. Ok, so a few months have passed and I've noticed the stock pickup is quite microphonic. It howls and feeds backs when I turn to face my amp at volume. I recently ordered a Dimarzio Model 1 and slapped it in.
    IMG_3565.JPG
    Wow! This thing rocks! It's balanced out the tone across the board. Everything is more even now. Great, fat deep bass and a nice punchy midrange. It's thunderous yet clear and articulate. No feedback and minimal string noise compared to the stock pickup. This thing sounds great through my pedal pedal chain. Sounds great with some fuzz.

RobertUI and el_Bajo_Verde like this.
  9. I've got more expensive basses-but my EBO with Model 1 (and Hipshot Supertone Bridge) and flats makes me smile everytime I plug it in.

El Pelusa likes this.