1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Epiphone Ripper Content!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PatrickHunter, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Such a great day for me, just bought this absolutely beautiful Epiphone Ripper off of craigslist for $190, quite a steal if you ask me. It's one of the original models and it was made in October 98'. This thing is wicked!:D

IMG_1953.

IMG_1950.

IMG_1948.

IMG_1945.

2. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    very nice I saw a pj one I was interested in but then noticed it was pj and I already have 3 p basses and a pj so do I really need another one?

3. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Nice, congrats! I'd like to try those.

What's the weight?

Friedrich

4. ^ a little heavier than my sx jazz, but nothing too painful. i need to get some straplocks for this badboy

5. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Somehow I missed this thread, so belated NBD!

I've owned two of the P/J Rippers and both were really great. (I still own one and am hoping I don't have to sell it to pay bills like I did my last one.)

Really be interested to try one of the older, single-pup models.

Super nice wood on yours. It's beautiful. My first one was natural finish, but the one I have now is black. Didn't even know they came in black until I stumbled onto this one.

6. CORBS

CORBS

Dec 28, 2010
    That looks NEW, that is an awesome deal too. Congratulations!

7. Wouldn't it make WAY more sense to call that an Epiphone Grabber, and leave the Ripper name to the P/J version?

In either case, H(belated)NBD... love the VID!

8. Nice!

Thinking of rebuild my P/J Ripper to look like yours. Thats the same pickup as Epi uses in their T-birds, right? Should be quite an easy job.