1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Classic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bmusic, Sep 28, 2020.

1. bmusic

bmusic

Oct 22, 2017
    Los Angeles
    So I finally bit on this—my first Ray—and it arrived yesterday. I spent the afternoon and evening recording an 80s-ish throwback track with her, and my impression is that it sits strikingly well in the thick arrangement. (And now my fingers are wrecked. Not at all used to stainless rounds. Must address with a change of strings.)

I have to admit I was not expecting to fall for the white on white. None More White. But the New Wavey direction of my current pursuits was whispering in my ear. I also have to admit that the blank-canvas aspect of it makes me want to go all Jackson Pollack on it.

IMG_4260.jpg

MDStingray, Shaggai, Giffro and 15 others like this.
  2. You went all-in! White p'up cover to boot! Lovely.

Tbone76 and bmusic like this.
  3. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Beautiful axe. Congrats!

bmusic likes this.
  4. bigjames

bigjames Player of Smooth Lines

Jan 25, 2005
    Burnaby, Canada
    Nice! Of all the basses and I have owned and sold, my 1996 Stingray (cherry red with maple neck / fretboard) is the one I wish I had kept. At the time, I did not appreciate what I had, but as I matured as a player I realized what I had given up. On my wish list for sure.

bmusic likes this.
  5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Awesome and great lookin StingRay!

bmusic likes this.
  6. Nice looking bass! :thumbsup: Love New Wave too! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bmusic likes this.
  7. Congrats on your first Stingray, and welcome to the family.
    If you don't like the feel of the roundwound strings, may I suggest Ernie Ball Cobalt flats.

They have almost the sustain of a roundwound in a flat string.
    If you want less sustain, and more thump, try Ernie Ball Group 3 flats.

Good luck with your new bass.

Mike :thumbsup:

bmusic likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021