1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD (Explorer Content!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alex Huddleston, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Just picked up my first "real" bass a few days ago from the local GC. An MIA Gibson 2012 limited run explorer in vintage sunburst with a hardshell case for $800 during their 10th anniversary sale. This thing looks and plays like a dream! None of the typical downfalls of Gibson basses are to be seen on this beast. No neckdive, perfect action and intonation along with killer tone from the T-bird pickups. There is one thing I'm quite curious about though. I have absolutely no idea how to go about adjusting the 3 point bridge. The action is set perfect to my tastes but it seems as if the G side of the bridge is closer to the body than the E side. I'm sure I'll eventually upgrade to the Hipshot replacement but the stock one works for now.

52183c58.

2. is the pic broken for anyone else?
    Btw, I really like those new Gibby explorers. I played the new Gibson V bass and instantly felt like I was about 3 feet taller...with bigger hair...and spandex pants. (meaning I felt awesome!)

3. fixed the image

4. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Thats a good deal, congrats. I thought they were running like $1400. And I like that much better than the silverburst. Nice bass!

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Main thing about those 3point bridges is be sure it tilts back a little bit rather then forward. You have to use all three screws to adjust height. Then the two outer ones to adjust any diff for height E string to G string. Then again make sure the rear screw is down a bit so it tilts rearward a little. This really helps prevent the bridge from lifting out from string pull. Theyre ok bridges but the hipshot replacement is a nice step up.