1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Fender Am Std Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve88, Sep 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Steve88

Steve88

Mar 27, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    I stopped at my local music shop just to see what was new, and found an Am. Std. Jazz on the rack. It's a 2013 model with the custom shop pickups.

I thought it was NOS because it's in such perfect shape, but actually they had it in on consignment so it was priced as used! Apparently somebody's plans of learning bass didn't work out.

$780 out the door with a tolex hard case and all the case candy, and now I've got a classic bass to add to my collection :bassist:

IMG_0929.JPG IMG_0930.JPG

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Nice sunburst. Have fun

3. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    I have the exact same bass. I think 2013 was some kind of magic year for this bass. I've had mine for 4 years and can't find one I like better.

Enjoy you just bought the best Fender Jazz Bass ever made.

Malak the Mad likes this.
  4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Sweet deal! :greedy: :thumbsup:

Maybe so. I scored a dope-ass 2013 Amercian Standard Jazz (my first and only MIA) in Jade Pearl Metallic and it is a joy to play.

Much like Steve, I got it for a great deal, too. It was used, not NOS, but it'd been lingering on their website for next-to-forever (not the most popular finish, I suppose), so I talked them into dropping $100 off it's listed price, which was great since that offset the price of shipping and the not-so minor repairs it needed*.

(*: DIY work on one of the case's latches and stealth string retainer in a vain attempt to deal with a very buzzy A-string. Turns out the nut's A-string slot was cut too deep, so a new nut had to be installed. Fortunately, the tech who suggested the retainer gave me a discount on the installation, since he didn't catch the nut-problem the first time around.)

5. Steve88

Steve88

Mar 27, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    As a nice little bonus, I put it on the scale when I get home and it weighs in at 8.5 lbs! I can deal with heavier, but I'm certainly not complaining!

It sounds great and took a setup very easily to my preferred extra low action.

6. blackandwhite

blackandwhite

Jun 15, 2008
    This is possibly the most awesome statement I've seen on talkbass.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017