NBD: Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass w/American Jazz neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Feralhog, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Feralhog

Feralhog

Dec 29, 2014
    NH
    None
    Some may have seen my post requesting info on a 2015 Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass I found that had a jazz neck. Thanks to those that replied. There just aren't that many out there apparently.

I couldn't stand it and after three weeks of looking at it and playing it (was on a thirty day hold) I let it ride for the first day it was available, but bought it today.

I got all caught up in what the future value would be given the fact that it was now an altered bass. Decided I didn't really care. The MIMs and other basses may go but so far this looks like a keeper!

2. flewis

flewis Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Congrats! It's a great looking bass.

3. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    just keep her and have fun!

congrats

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

4. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    WOW! I literally just posted a thread because I really want a Precision Deluxe, but much prefer a Jazz neck. You got the EXACT bass I would want. Congrats.

If you ever want to sell or trade PLEASE let me know!!

5. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very nice! Congrats!

6. Feralhog

Feralhog

Dec 29, 2014
    NH
    None
    Thanks. Apparently someone bought the deluxe and immediately put a jazz neck on it, then promptly sold it. This thing still has the plastic on it in places. More money than brains? Maybe it just didn't scratch their itch.

I have the passive MIM version (the seafoam green...well it's close anyway) and wanted to step it up a bit. I believe I have done it! I doubt the MIM will get much attention now ;).

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022