1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Fender American Original 60s Precision in Surf Green

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tieiririyi, Mar 20, 2020.

1. I have been waiting until the first day of spring to post this! It’s the perfect timing as a new green bass is perfect for me to practice social distancing!
    74D88B38-075A-4136-8C01-79A863B684C9.jpeg 623BCE6E-E0AE-4DC9-A8EA-F30568ECDE66.jpeg 95003DD1-90F1-4A07-9793-CD35219F5C5D.jpeg 39CF97A5-A188-4F86-ABD8-3D3E467C6426.jpeg 674BDC7A-72C6-4675-B78B-46A936B5EB2B.jpeg

2. That's an absolute beauty, enjoy it and play in good health

3. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    what is the nut width on one of these ?

4. Also, what fretboard wood is it?

5. 1.73 inches I believe

woodyng2 and noeinstein like this.
  6. It’s rosewood.

woodyng2 and 4sight like this.
  7. 80jazz

80jazz

Jun 28, 2008
    Kansas
    I saw this thread on my phone and found the pics enjoyable, but the desktop shows those pics even better.

It almost makes me want one, but it would just sit around the house. Maybe I need one anyway...to do just that?

Nice bass!

Microbass, tindrum and Tieiririyi like this.
  8. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I have a Candy Apple Red Jazz in the AO model and love it. Glad they came out with that color (Surf Green). Its an amazing bass and good luck with it. It definitely on my wish list.

Jinobass1 and Tieiririyi like this.
  9. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Surf green + tort + rosewood board = Gorgeous !!!

Surf green + parchment + maple board also look great.

Jinobass1, woodyng2, Pocket4 and 3 others like this.
  10. Parzival

Parzival Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Alabama
    Nice!

11. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Gold Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    Pbass. The best instrument ever devised! By the way, I am extremely jealous.

I have always wanted a sea foam, but, alas, “Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before guitar warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every player I meet noodling incoherently, and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately turning off their amp, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can.”

12. 210superair

210superair

Sep 10, 2019
    Yeah that's a beauty. The green is something I wouldn't think I'd like, but that's gorgeous.

13. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
  14. Trust me, it looks even better in person! And it smells nice! Just do it!;)

Jinobass1, woodyng2 and jj4001 like this.
  15. I also love the new sonic blue on the AO 60s jazz bass. But let’s keep it one new bass per year for now :roflmao:

16. Beautiful, just beautiful. My favorite Fender color. I have a Mustang type six string I built in Surf Green, but haven't built a bass that color yet.

Damn, now I might have to.... (Can I blame you when my wife asks why another bass? ;))

Jinobass1 and Simon Fretless like this.
  17. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    It's not often that we get a Moby Dick reference around here... nicely done.

18. JZQuantum

JZQuantum

Oct 12, 2008
    Nice. Can't go wrong with that!

Jinobass1 likes this.
  19. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Now that’s nice.

20. Beautiful! I love surf green. :thumbsup: