1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD, Fender American Standard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassguitarthund, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Well if ya saw my other thread here:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/might-getting-fender-american-standard-jazz-908206/
    I decided to get the bass, got a good deal!!!

Anyways since this is my first NBD posting I will keep it simple. The bass sounds amazing and looks amazing!!! Same specs as the other American Standards except this has a hand rubbed amber finish on an ash body. This is a Guitar Center finish. This has to be the lightest bass I have ever played!!! Here is a pic to tied ya all over. I will try and get some better ones up!! Sorry about the quality of the pic. Lighting sucked and I am not a pro, lol.

ForumRunner_20120817_213822.

Updated with new pictures. Sorry I did not reply back right away to all your compliments, been sleeping a lot lately due to the meds I have been on since my surgery, anyways thankyou and here are the pics:

IMAG0178.

IMAG0190.

IMAG0191.

IMAG0193-1.

IMAG0188-1.

IMAG0189-1.

IMAG0191-1.

IMAG0192-1.

IMAG0181-1.

IMAG0186-1.

IMAG0187-1.

IMAG0180-1.

Yup the plastic is still on the pic gaurd. As soon as my 30 days are up I will remove it. Even though I have no intentions of returning I just decided to wait the 30 days anyways.

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Wow....finish looks great. Congrats on your new bass!

3. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Beautiful!

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Like that! Congrats! Saw the Precision with the same finish at GC the other day. Could live with it.

Now go play!

5. I like that on a Jazz body...cool finish!

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nice piece of ash there!

7. ilovenofrets

ilovenofrets

Dec 25, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Nice!!!

8. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I like it - congrats!!!

- georgestrings

9. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Very nice!

10. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    I always like a nice, natural finish. Have fun!

11. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Richmond, Va
    Looks good, congrats!

12. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Cary, Il
    Very nice!!!

13. soxhats

soxhats Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Sweeeeeeet.

14. Matches

Matches

Mar 17, 2012
    Portland, Or
    I ordered this same bass last week. I bought a Ton Franklin sig last year and fell in love with it. I have never owned a Fender before but since I had a Precision, now I needed a Jazz. Please let me know more details if you have them. I should be getting mine any day and I can't wait. Thanks.

15. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    Good for you! I love Jazz basses....got three of them! I bought myself a 5 string AM STD Jazz last December and it's great! Got the Candy Cola Red model with a maple fretboard.

Play on!

16. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Beautiful! I love being able to see the wood!!!

17. First of all thank you all for your compliments. I freaking love this bass!!! I am sorry it took me a little while to get more pics up and respond back. I have been recovering from having my tonsols removed, Uvela trimmed and fixing a deviated semptom (sorry prob spelled most of that wrong) in my nose fixed. Been on pain meds that have me sleeping a lot. Since I am off work for three weeks, when I am not sleeping, I am playing this beauty!!!!!!

It is very light and has that classic Jazz tone to it. Fit and finish is great!!! Looks like it maybe a three peice body? THe pics have been added to the original post

18. What I have noticed so far, very light weight. Set up was great right from the store, however it had not been in there very long. Sounds awsome thru my acoustic B600H and acoustic 410 cab. Sounds just like a Fender Jazz. Stays in tune even though it is a new bass with new strings. No fret buzz whats so ever. Did not find any dead spots (now that is where one spot you fret sounds the same as the next right?) As much as I love my Geddy Lee Jazz (and still do) this is even better than that one!! Keep in mind though that my Geddy is still a great playing bass, this one just seems better in every area.

19. Thank you :)

I agree, thanks :)

I will/ have, thank you! :)

I agree!! Thanks!

Ha ha, I agree she does have a great ash!!! ;)

Thanks

Even though I like the solid color ones I also love being able to see and feel the wood. That is one of the reasons this one spoke to me. Just unique to see a fender jazz in this finish. Thanks :)

20. Ok I just weighed my American Standard on the bathroom scale (zeroed it out first).
    This is a more expensive doctors office type scale, although not sure if that makes it that much more accurate?

Anyway the needle is right in the center of the 6 and 7lb mark!!! I weighed my Geddy and it is about 9lbs.

Edit: I weighed my American Standard on our shipping scale at work. The needle was right in the middle between the 7 and 8lb lines. That would make the Geddy 10lbs