1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Fender Classic 50's Lacquer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TimboZ, May 5, 2019.

1. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    Stopped by the House Of Guitars in Rochester yesterday and walked out with this.
    Was not looking to buy anything. I could not turn down the deal they gave me.
    Did not think I would like the big neck but It feels great.
    Also got them to throw in a set of D'addario Chrome flats all for $800 out the door.

Gonna put flats on it. I don't think it will be the D'addario's as I like GHS 45-105 Precision Flats.

Fender Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Lacquer White Blonde

20190504_132629.jpg

2. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    Congratulations! :thumbsup:

TimboZ likes this.
  3. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    Great looking piece right there

TimboZ likes this.
  4. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    Looks great and I was considering one of these, but not at $924, thats absurd for a MIM Fender. $800 out the door is what these should be priced at. Congrats!

TimboZ likes this.
  5. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    Yes, there is no way I would have payed $924 plus 8% sales tax. I think it was a sweet deal at $800 out the door with a set of strings. Also it is the only MIM that comes with a hard shell case.

I was looking at Musicians Friends stupid deal of the day the other day and they has a MIM P-J for $699 and no case or gig bag.

The quality and workmanship is excellent on it.

6. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Bass is excellent. The Tweed with red lining puts it over the top.

TimboZ likes this.
  7. TimboZ

TimboZ

Jan 4, 2009
    South of Buffalo
    Put flats on it last night. I love this thing. I think it will be my #1 soon, and my Sire P7 will go back in the case.

SJan3 likes this.
  8. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Looks great! Best of luck with it.

9. Floppystrings

Floppystrings

Apr 5, 2019
    How thick/big is the 50's neck profile?

I like Warwick necks, and P-bass necks and really like this model but I am worried it will be huge. I have absolutely no way of playing before buying either.

Obviously it looks great, it's at the top of my list for gear, the very top.

10. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Great full C neck shape on these but not too thick. I like how it’s consistent up and down the neck. Congrats!

11. Honkey tonk

Honkey tonk Turn it up Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Lower 48
    Congrats...
    Those big necks make em ring for days . Kinda Want to put a jazz neck on mine but cant bring myself to it.

12. Tad

Tad Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Boise, Idaho
    Nice bass!

13. pgpete

pgpete

Nov 18, 2018
    Australia
    Ive got the 2016 version of this in black - I love it too, and I didnt think I would like the thick neck or vintage frets but it plays great - sounds awesome. 8683760_800.jpg

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021