1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Fender Jazz Content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by totallywink, Mar 27, 2015.

1. totallywink

totallywink Gold Supporting Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to show off my latest jazz bass - its the one on the right - its a MIM 60s Classic body with a MIM 70s Classic neck - I call it my Faux 66 ;) Anway, a quick set up later and she plays great! Plus she looks pretty cool next to the Geddy. And playing through my TH500 and Aguilar cabs, she sounds awesome. Thanks for the indulgence!

jazz bass.JPG

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Love those Classic '70s necks! So much so, in fact, that when I had to trim down my collection, I sold the body and kept the neck. It now resides on a Blacktop Jazz body. (yes, I had to sell the BT's neck tootough times, they were)

Is it a Classic '60s or a Classic '60s Lacquer body?

And for a bit o' silliness, how does "Fen-Daux '66" (pronounced 'Fen-dough') sound?

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Who doesn't like the look of a classic Fender of any stripe? Congrats.

totallywink likes this.
  4. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Love the look of those basses. Congrats!!

totallywink likes this.
  5. totallywink

its a Classic 60s body (pretty sure).
    And Fen-Daux 66 sounds cool

6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

So then, it's the less-fragile polyester finish? The lacquer bodies feel different, or so I'm told, and will "relic up" faster.

7. totallywink

It feels great (60s body) and I hope with more gigs and practices in the future, it will relic up faster - its a great compliment sound wise to the Geddy. Very psyched to have both.